Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Another Helping of Pie

Recently I shared with you my progress on the Pie in the Sky quilt, but it occurred to me tonight that I hadn't shown you how I was doing with the Pumpkin Pie quilt.  This is a BOM-type applique quilt designed by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill.  The pattern came out a couple years ago, and my friends and I started working on it sometime around summer, I think.


Three of these blocks aren't actually appliqued yet--they've just been prepped.  One is the owl block and there are two more blocks with the same pumpkin pattern.  Tomorrow night I'm going to Imelda's house where I'll sit and stitch with Imelda and Shirley, both of whom are part of my stitchery group; all three of us have been working on this project.  Besides what you see here, there's a bottom strip with a pie and a top strip with black birds and then a bunch of black birds flitting here and there throughout the quilt top--and all of that hasn't even been started yet, so I still have a way to go.

I guess I just have to keep on stitching, and one of these days it will be done.  For now, though, all this talk of pie is making me hungry, so I think it's time to raid the kitchen for something reasonably healthy to eat . . . which probably isn't going to be pie!

No comments: