Friday, June 19, 2009

Missing My Mojo

I've been sitting in the Sweat Shop for the last hour or two, trying to decide what I want to work on, and I've finally given up.

Yes, I have several projects "in progress"--which is, I suppose, a nice way of putting it! There's the Clues in the Calico BOM project. The next step (which I'm late doing) is hour glass blocks. I don't really feel like making hour glass blocks tonight, and besides, I'm not sure where I've put the fabric I've collected for the project. Too much trouble.

Then there are stitchery projects. There are a couple I want to do, and I had a simple project in mind if only I could find a pattern. An internet search turned up nothing of interest. Blah!

The next Jo's Club project? It's a cute little thing with a patriotic flare. Fun. Simple. But do I want to start something new tonight? Nah!

The Hey Ghoul Friend class sample? Not feeling it.

It's quite frustrating! Earlier in the week, I didn't feel well for a couple days and didn't really want to "play." Then there were two nights of quilt classes and not much time afterward to sew. I kept wishing I had time to work on SOMETHING--and now I do! Except now I have a sudden attack of the doldrums.

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!

I think I'll go to bed and read.

* * * *


FROM THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH by Norton Juster: Milo speaking with the Lethargarians


"Well, if you can't laugh or think, what can you do?" asked Milo.

"Anything as long as it's nothing, and everything as long as it isn't anything," explained another. "There's lots to do; we have a very busy schedule-

"At 8 o'clock we get up, and then we spend from 8 to 9 daydreaming.

"From 9 to 9:30 we take our early midmorning nap.

"From 9:30 to 10:30 we dawdle and delay.

"From 10:30 to 11:30 we take our late early morning nap.

"From ll:00 to 12:00 we bide our time and then eat lunch.

"From l:00 to 2:00 we linger and loiter.

"From 2:00 to 2:30 we take our early afternoon nap.

"From 2:30 to 3:30 we put off for tomorrow what we could have done today.

"From 3:30 to 4:00 we take our early late afternoon nap.

"From 4:00 to 5:00 we loaf and lounge until dinner.

"From 6:00 to 7:00 we dillydally.

"From 7:00 to 8:00 we take our early evening nap, and then for an hour before we go to bed at 9:00 we waste time.

"As you can see, that leaves almost no time for brooding, lagging, plodding, or procrastinating, and if we stopped to think or laugh, we'd never get nothing done."

"You mean you'd never get anything done," corrected Milo.

"We don't want to get anything done," snapped another angrily; "we want to get nothing done, and we can do that without your help."

"You see," continued another in a more conciliatory tone, "it's really quite strenuous doing nothing all day, so once a week we take a holiday and go nowhere, which was just where we were going when you came along. Would you care to join us?"

"I might as well," thought Milo; "that's where I seem to be going anyway."

5 comments:

Louise SS said...

Absolutely wonderful.... sometimes I have days like that!!!
I love your sense of humor!

Robin said...

I'm with you! It's the first day of summer vacation from school and I have a million things I should be doing, rather than sitting here, staring at a computer screen!!!!

Suzanne Kistler said...

ohmygosh! I'm a lethargarian, minus the naps!!

If I think about doing anything today, it might be to dig out this book from the kids' bookshelves...I know they have it, but I've never read it. Thanks for the heads up and the smile to start the day!!

Wilma Lee said...

You will get motivated soon, I'm sure. But I'll tell ya, my most favorite thing to do is listed in your book exerpt, Dillydallying!!!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Just plain tired here. I keep falling asleep in my chair. I guess I should get up and go to bed. I hope you have a great weekend.