Thursday, November 7, 2013

Did Someone Say PIE?

It seemed like all day today people were having conversations, at least within my hearing if not specifically involving me, that revolved around chocolate, candy, ice cream, or any number of other food items I've been trying to avoid since I've been dieting, and now here I am, talking about the same thing!

I thought I'd mention that although I may have had a very lazy Saturday, Sunday was a little more productive.  I finally got at least some of the Pie in the Sky blocks and sashing up on the design wall.



In fact, there are a couple of rows here that are sewn together, although there are a few more that are just stuck onto the wall.  I was only able to fit five rows across by seven rows down; I'd planned on making this eight by eight and I made 64 blocks.  So I figured I'd sew what I could together and then take this part down off the wall and put up a smaller section that's two rows by seven rows.  Later, once I attach the two sections, I'd at least have one that's seven by seven and maybe that will be big enough.

This is going to be so bright and cheerful, it will be perfect for spring and summer, won't it?  And maybe by that time, I'll be able to EAT a piece of REAL pie!  Cherry--yum!

6 comments:

Frankie said...

What a happy quilt! This is going to be so wonderful when it's done. Definitely worth a piece of pie for finishing. :D

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Stunning! One benefit of keeping the hands busy sewing is less eating... unlike reading where I love to have a snack next to me.

Raewyn said...

Wow Kim, it is looking great!! Well done on your progress!!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a lovely quilt, it's so colourful and cheerful!

Cathy said...

Wow, very colorful and cheerful; this quilt is a great use of scraps.

Anonymous said...

Love your "pie" such a fun, happy quilt. Enjoy your blog and all the fun projects. Thanks for sharing!