Thursday, July 18, 2013

Keep Calm, and Carry On

It feels as though I have a million things to do to get ready for vacation, as well as taking care of all the normal things that need routine attention.  I spent much of the evening after work doing some house cleaning so it wouldn't be too horrible for our housesitters.  And as I'm typing this, I have two trays of tomatoes roasting in the oven for some future batch of spaghetti sauce--they had to be cooked before we left or they'd just rot on the vines.  I'll let them cool overnight and then package them for the freezer tomorrow morning--they can stay there until I can make the rest of the sauce some other time.

I thought I'd take a couple applique pieces on vacation with me, which means prepping the blocks before I go.  After some thought, I decided to get the last two Sew Spooky BOM blocks ready, and I finished prepping the first of the two blocks tonight.


I'll try to finish the second one in the next couple evenings along with my other projects.  Besides these projects, I have some embroidery blocks to take and a wool project or two, so there's probably more than enough to keep me busy--I always worry I'll run out of stuff to do though.  Silly, I know!

Since I planned to clean tonight and didn't want to make a mess of the kitchen, Hubby very kindly ran out for some Chinese fast food.  We both had a good laugh at my fortune.


Appropriate, isn't it?!  By the way, thank you all for suggesting a few Seattle-area quilt shops.  I'm going to mark them on the shop hop brochure to take with me.

Last night I unearthed my dressy tops from the bag they were stored away in and found a couple that will be suitable for the more formal dinners on our cruise.  We've decided to compromise with a dressy top for me and a sports jacket and tie for Hubby.  Luckily, I had a couple that are washable, because there's really not much time for dry cleaning.  So I also did laundry tonight too.  I'm kind of surprised it's not later than it is considering how much I've gotten done tonight, but it's still late and I have to get up and go to work tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Oh yes yes yes, Carriage Country Quilts in the yellow house in Des Moines near the airport was wonderful. So glad someone mentioned it in the earlier post as I looked and looked for it but couldn't remember the name or town name. But the yellow house mention was the kicker. Beautiful view of the sound. Friendly employees as well. Will be watching to see where you visit! I live in Texas and love to visit Seattle area. We've been all over the area but always more to see.

Mollylivebearer said...

Yes that is a great one!
Molly in Sumner, WA

Anonymous said...

You could also go to Quilt Loft which is in Ballard. It's only 2 blocks from the Ballard Locks. Undercover Quilts in Pike
Place market is also good.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the trip! I also look forward to seeing you work more on your Sew Spooky quilt. I have that kit, but haven't started it yet. I want to steal... borrow ... some ideas for the quilting. Have fun and be safe!

Cathy said...

Have a good time on your trip! It sounds wonderful.