Thursday, August 23, 2012

Oh My!

I can hardly believe it, but I seem to be just about packed and ready, except for all those last minute toiletries that will get thrown into the bag in the morning. And it's not even midnight yet!

It seems my last minute over-packing urges struck a chord with many of you. I have all my sewing "stuff" piled in the livingroom (no sewing machine, though) and it's quite impressive. I have the applique blocks I'd prepped ahead, a fairly large packet of wool (with some wool patterns), a couple of applique projects that are not yet prepped, and a couple of potential embroidery projects. I like choices. I like to know that no matter what I feel like doing, I've got the stuff to do it with. Unless I feel like sewing on a machine, then I'm either out of luck, or it's an excellent excuse to head to the nearest sewing machine dealer and buy a new one. Now normally I'd say I'm not that impulsive, but then I didn't think I'd be packing all this "stuff" either, so who knows?

A couple of you asked what Halloween embroidery pattern I thought I had but didn't. It's this one:


Yes, I found it at one of our local quilt shops during my lunch hour. Here's a closer look at the embroidery--I'm not sure how I'll set it, but I don't think I'll likely make the whole quilt as shown in the pattern--


Besides my sewing stuff, I have a rather large suitcase packed with clothes, a quilt, and a pillow. Hubby laughed when he saw how full it looked all zipped up until I told him there was a pillow stuffed in the upper section. Even he knows I'm not one to overpack, so I think he was tickled by the idea.

And finally I have a box in the kitchen half filled with a few cooking supplies--because we DO have a house we've rented and we're planning to do some cooking while we're there. We've agreed not to bring a lot of food with us; instead we'll shop for what we need when we get there. But there are still a few things like seasonings, olive oil, etc., that we're bringing from home, as well as a few cooking "tools" and utensils that the house probably won't have.

So, I'm ready. And I'll miss you while I'm gone. But I'm going to write a few blogs ahead of time that will post while I'm gone, so check back now and then. I should be back again on the Friday of the Labor Day weekend--August 31th, I think. See you then!

8 comments:

Donna said...

Enjoy your retreat.

Kim said...

Have a great time!

Quilter Kim said...

Have a great time at your retreat but I hope you mean August 30th.(not September 30th) Although I would envy you being gone for a month I would sure miss your blog!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Hey - have a wonderful time. Hugs

Miss Jean said...

Have a wonderful, restful and fun time! At the retreat that my group goes to in February, I always took a box of dvd's for watching in the evening while doing hand work.

Jenny said...

Have a great trip! And I LOVE that pattern. Looking forward to seeing how you finish it.

Paula, the quilter said...

I have always enjoyed CrabappleHill's patterns. Had to go visit the site to see what is new. Enjoy your retreat!

Sinta Renee said...

Have a wonderful time AWAY Kim!