Saturday, August 25, 2012

Here's What I Made . . .

. . . for my friends who are on vacation with me:


I couldn't show you before because I didn't want to ruin the surprise. I'm writing this post before I leave, but it won't publish until after we're all gathered at Pismo Beach and I've given the girls their little gifts and projects.

We agreed some months back that each of us would bring a small project "kit" for all the rest of us, and I picked out two of the wool Christmas ornaments designed by Woolie Robin, found through Woolie Mammoth's blog--click on the ornament in the sidebar of Woolie Mammoth's blog for directions to make Santa; further back there was a link to a snowman ornament. Really cute stuff! I dug through my wool and put together little kits for both. I also found another free snowman embroidery pattern called Willie & Me by Rustic Threads. If you think you might be interested in that one, just click HERE. I put together a kit for each of the ladies, including the embroidery floss.

Ready for more goodies to keep you busy while I'm away? You can find the pattern to make these cute lunch bags on Ayumi's blog, Pink Penguin. Just click HERE. The pattern is quite a few pages--29!--but it's very clear and illustrated each step of the way.


Ayumi designed these lunch totes to hold bento boxes, and I ordered some small ones through Amazon. I think the boxes and the totes will be perfect for holding sewing supplies so we can just grab our totes and go . . . to work, to the doctor's office, to the Department of Motor Vehicles, or wherever the wait is sure to be long!

I have one last thing I want to add to the totes before I give them to my friends: I'll need to shop for some kind of chocolate, I think. Busy ladies on vacation need to keep up their energy levels and what's better than chocolate?!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Kim, Love the bags! I have seen these before and think they are great! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Laura said...

Those are so adorable! What a great gift for your friends. And using bento boxes is a super idea.

Darlene said...

Wow, Kim, those bags are adorable. Making them even more special are all the goodies and treasures you included. Have fun!

julieQ said...

What really cute, cute bags!! This will be my Christmas project!!

Penny said...

Exciting gifts! The bags are really cute and with what you put in them ~ such wonderful gifts for ur friends ~ happy surprises, indeed! Great gift to us(your readers) by sharing all the info and directions for your wonderful gifts. Thanx!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

I know your friends who are on vacation with you will enjoy every last thread and goodie that you made them. Your thoughtfulness was hopefully rewarded with lots of wows! Hope you are having fun! Well I know you are - thinking of you and the Circle of Friends. Hugs

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Adorable bags! And the little treasures you added will make your friends so happy! Have a fun time!

Anonymous said...

Kim -- I love those bags! I made several for gifts last spring and then I emailed Ayumi to thank her and tell her they were all over blogland again. She is the sweetest person and was so happy to hear her tutorial was still being used. I'm thinking of your group having a great time! Florence

Betsy said...

Those are so cute Kim. Have a fabulous time.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Wonderful goodies for your friends. Hope you're having fun!

Anonymous said...

Would love to win this pattern.

Thank you