Saturday, August 4, 2012

Block of the Month Number 281

Okay, you're right. I'm not actually working on 281 block-of-the-month projects, but it seems like it. I knew the day would come when I'd start to feel that way. After all, how could I remain ignorant when I'm the one who keeps signing up for this stuff?! Although if Hubby asks, I might plead early onset Alzheimer's. (And that's not to say I don't understand Alzheimer's is a very serious disease; it's simply that I'm just not a very respectful, tactful, circumspect person and I have an irreverant sense of humor.)

About a week ago, the first block kit of Shabby Fabric's Sweetheart Houses arrived, and I've been working on it all week--I finally finished it Friday night:


The color contrast doesn't show up very well in my photo--and I took a couple photos on different settings, but none of them were very distinct. Oh, well, take my word for it--it's a cute project, although I DO kind of wish the blue of the flower pot was a little darker. Maybe I'll have to see if I can do something to change that; if not on this block, at least where blue is used in the others.

Isn't the tiny white rick rack on the windows cute? More fun than embroidery too!

Luckily, my group of appliquers is getting close to finishing our Autumn House block of the month project, so that will drop one off the schedule. AND I don't have too many more sections to go before the Garden Club block of the month is done too. Hopefully I won't get so overwhelmed with having too many projects going at once that I decide to just shut down. Do you do that? I think there has to be the right balance.

What else is new? Trial ended today: We reached verdicts on most of the 18 counts we were asked to consider, although we were hung on 3 counts. I'll have to tell you more about it in another post now that I can.

Also, the aches and pains I was suffering over the past week are starting to get a lot better. I think I'll take a muscle relaxant now, before bed, but this might be the last one unless I aggravate it when return to work on Monday.

In the meantime . . . happy Saturday!

5 comments:

Linda said...

So glad you're feeling better, we wouldn't those blogs to stop coming. The little house block is just darling. I love seeing your applique and yes I do get too many things going at once and then I just clean my sewing room and put it all away for a week or so and then one by one drag it all back out again.

Marla said...

So glad you are feeling better. Yes, I looked at your block three times before I could see your flowerpot. I was looking for blue and just did not see it at first! I am sure that it is darker in person. Love your blocks though. One day I will get into applique although I have 281 projects to finish first! LOL!

Anonymous said...

When I don't have enough contrast and can't take it apart I just do a dark thread buttonhole stitch around that piece and it usually sets it off enough.

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

So cute - well done!

Miss Jean said...

I happen to love your irreverent sense of humor! Sorta reminds me of myself! LOL!

This is going to be a seriously cute quilt. Glad you are on the mend but take it easy this weekend.