Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Failure to Connect

When I got online last night around midnight, Yahoo was playing games with me. Sometimes it would let me connect to the home page; sometimes not. If it did, sometimes it would let me connect to my mailboxes; sometimes not. Sometimes it would let me get into my mail; sometimes not. Once I got so far as replying to an email, but it never was sent--the computer was just "thinking" for a long, long time.

Just in case some virus had attacked my desktop computer, I got out the Kindle Fire so I could email a friend who was expecting to hear from me, but there I had the same problems. Yikes! I gave up. After taking a muscle relaxant, that seemed like the smartest option anyway.

So here's what's going on in my life: Nothing much. My shoulder and neck are beginning to recover. I'm not in so much pain that I want to curl up and die, and I can actually LOOK at the lane next to me when I want to change lanes while driving.

Last night, I even managed to prepare a couple small applique pieces. That's a lot more than I've felt capable of doing the last few days!

As far as jury duty goes, we should start deliberations today. That's one of the reasons I wanted to prep some applique pieces. I'm not sure how the process will go, but if we're all just talking together in a room, and if it seems appropriate, I might want to stitch while I talk, so now I'm ready to do that.

And speaking of jury duty, it's time for me to get ready to go do that. Thanks for stopping by to visit!

3 comments:

Anna said...

I find having something to do with my hands keeps me from a knee jerk...GUILTY!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're starting to feel better! Florence

Coral said...

I'm glad you are loosening up. Those unexplained aches are the pits. I find getting cold at night sets me off. And I ibrufen them to death. A good excuse to eat!