Monday, May 14, 2012

Yes, it Was Happy

It was a really nice Mother's Day weekend. On Saturday, I went on a road trip with my stitchery friends--I'll tell you more about that another day because it's a long story. But on Sunday, I relaxed. I spent the day stitching and being pampered by my kids.

On Saturday, one of my friends received her packet for the next Merry, Merry Snowmen block in the mail. Since we get our kits from the same online shop and mine didn't come on Saturday, I knew it was sure to arrive in Monday's mail. Yikes! I thought I'd better get busy and finish block three, so that's what I did.


In the afternoon, The Wild Child made a run to Starbucks for Frappucinos--it was the last day of Starbuck's half price special Frappucino deal. Soccer Son arrived and gifted me with a bag of Reese's mini peanut butter cups--yum! My kids know how to sweeten me up! The Frappucino is long gone but the Reese's are hidden away in the Sweat Shop--just in case I need a little chocolatty good energy to keep me going.


The weather was perfect for dinner out on the patio.


Soccer Son barbecued chicken and corn on the cobb. He also sauteed some thinly sliced Brussels sprouts with bacon and feta. I can't say I'm a big Brussels sprouts fan, but everything's good with bacon and cheese, right? He did a good job.


I hope you had a merry, merry Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Oh that block is so cute! I must devote some time to mine...

Sinta Renee said...

Your BOM is so cute Kim! Is that snowman peeking up your design element or was it i the pattern? The food looks fantastic. What a nice BBQ with your family!