Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Blame it on Mary

On Friday, I had an email from Mary over at Quilt Hollow. Somehow she remembered I like (understatement?) Halloween and she thought I'd be interested in this block of the month project:


Ho daddy, was I! You betcha! Yep, within a few minutes I'd committed myself to giving up buying Halloween candy for the next five years (and then some!) so I could spend the money I'd save on this purchase--which I elected to receive as an all-at-once project rather than month-by-month. I guess there are a few benefits to working long hours--the overtime pay can be used for some fun stuff!

Do you think you need to make this quilt too? So far, I've seen it offered at two online shops and I'm sure there will be more. Check it out HERE or HERE. Have them send Mary the bill. That's what I'm doing.

Then I have Gran to blame for this one. Verna Mosquera/The Vintage Spool's next retreat, in July, called Garden Party. Gran and I have both signed up. The project uses Verna's new line, Veranda. Gran sent me a link to an online source for the Veranda fat quarter bundle, and look what arrived in my mail on Saturday:


Sorry--the flash of the camera blurred it out a bit. Or maybe it's just the indescribable glow that fantastic new fabric seems to emit--that siren song we all recognize. The real colors are a bit softer and prettier.

Anyway, I figured it's only right to do a little temping myself now. Remember the Christmas pixie fabric I showed you a week or two ago? The "go with" fabric I ordered arrived. I have no idea what I'll make, but it's gonna be cute!


And that quilt shop excursion I went on with my friends on Saturday? The one I haven't told you about yet? I found this really cute line called Oops-a-Daisy by Keiki. Isn't it perfect for summer with those ladybugs?


I picked up the single charm pack and eight fat quarters, thinking it might work for a Schnibbles quilt--one where you don't need a pair of every square.

Oh, gosh, scrolling through this post, I can see I've been a bad, bad girl lately, haven't I? But really, it's not my fault! Totally understandable, right? I wonder how long the "but honey, it's my MOTHER'S DAY gift from you" defense will work? I suspect it's time to put that one to bed for another 11 months, but the good news is, my birthday's coming up in a couple months.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks alot Kim! That Sew Spooky BOM had my name written all over it! I can't wait to get it!

krislovesfabric said...

I have the pattern for the witch on the moon block but haven't found the perfect moon fabric yet to make a table topper. Looks like you found some fun purchases :)

Josie McRazie said...

Yup, I think I have to get me one of those BOM! I, too LOVE Halloween!!!

Tina said...

LOL!!!!! I have to tell you that I just got a WONDERFUL kit from Buggy Barn that cost an arm and a leg, and of course, my husband freaked when he saw the Visa bill (I didn't get to the electronic payment before he did!). So I reminded him that this was my Christmas present that he said I could order way back when and it just arrived. This was actually it was true, but I did add just a tad bit more to the original order somewhat :) !!!

Love that new BOM and your new fabrics - so pretty! I guess I'm on a fabric diet for the next few months in order to keep the peace....oh well!

Orcsmom said...

I ordered the same kit from Homespun Fabrics last week, and I also opted for the whole at once and not BOM. I cannot wait!! Have a great time at Verna's retreat, you will be sooooooo spoiled!!! Hugs!!

Pam

Anna said...

I'm in...can you please send me Mary's billing address and credit card number?

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Thank God for Mary AND for you sharing the pictures. The people at Homespun Hearth were great to deal with in ordering the All At Once kit annnnnnd the other quilt kit I had been looking for. I have to live to be 100 ....

Robin said...

I'm going to have to make this quilt vacariously by seeing your progress on the blog. It is because of seeing your quilt on the blog that I am in the middle of hand appliquing the Hallowe,en 1904 quilt. It is all pieced, I just need to do the stars. One Halloween quilt at a time I think. Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

This girl is so envious of everything you're working on! I hope you enjoy every minute of it!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL Love the Mother's Day defense! :-) Looks like you found some really fun projects!

Mama Spark said...

Love the Halloween quilt! Who is the Pixie fabric by? It's adorable!