Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a LITTLE Like Christmas . . .

I had a couple things I wanted to get done this weekend. The most important task was getting a king sized Christmas quilt ready for quilting. I had ordered the wide backing fabric via the internet earlier in the week, and it arrived on Friday, so I had no more excuses. Saturday was the day.


I had forgotten how much I liked this quilt top. Over the past couple years, I've found I really enjoy the brighter, cheerful colors for the winter months--this quilt will definitely brighten up our bedroom on dark and dreary days.

This quilt top caught my eye too--it was in my basket of unfinished tops. I thought I might as well prepare this one for quilting while I was at it.


I don't remember how I got sidetracked today exactly, but I began sorting out some of my Christmas fabric and thinking about what I'd like to do this year, and for the life of me, I cannot find the couple yards of red grunge fabric from the basicgrey Jovial line that I purchased earlier in the year. I've looked high and low, and although I DO have a lot of fabric for it to hide in, I'm fairly well organized and I could not find it anywhere. I placed another order to replace the missing fabric, but it's got to be here somewhere. As far as I know, Sacramento's not a hotbed of fabric rustlers, and we haven't had any break ins. Odd. I'll let you know if it turns up somewhere.

The second goal for this weekend was to clean out the clothes and shoes in my closet and pack up what I no longer wanted for donation and pack away the off season clothing. Our weather has finally cooled down, so it was becoming a very necessary task since I'd had both warm weather and cool weather clothes fighting for the limited closet space. When it came to bagging, I had a little help.


Sleeping bag.

Now that I've gotten my "chores" done, I can spend a little time on Sunday "playing." I hope you have a little play time this weekend too--especially if you're in an area that's gaining an extra hour this weekend as Daylight Savings Time goes into hibernation for the winter.

6 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I misplaced a quilt. How does that happen?!! I looked high (shelves in closets) and low (under the bed and in the basement). Nope. Where is it? Then I remembered...it's in the trailer. I was using it the last time we went camping because it really gets cold at 9,000 ft above sea level. Hope your fabric turns up like my quilt did.

pcflamingo said...

Love those wonky trees! My kitty, Tigger, also likes to explore bags. I have learned NOT to leave plastic bags anywhere that he can get into them. One early morning he landed on my bed with a thump and a rustling sound. He had his head stuck through the handle of a plastic bag, that was filled with other plastic bags, and was completely freaking out. Poor little guy.

Dannelle said...

I dropped my favorite scissors yesterday and I think the floor swallowed them! I love those trees!!!

Carol said...

I love that you get so many big quilts for your bed done, this Christmas one is really pretty. I like the wall hanging one too, I remember when you made it. Have a good day.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL I love the 'sleeping bag'!! :-) Your Christmas tops are both wonderful! Happy quilting!

Stephani in TX said...

Love your bright Christmas quilts. Since the advent of red and turquoise being a hit color combination, I have some brighter Christmas quilts as well. Could you comment on your blue quilt "grips"? I cannot find giant binder clips in our small town, but maybe I can find what you are using. Thanks.