I suppose I should first show you what I made the quilters who took my class on Saturday. I wanted to get everything ready for class before I left for quilt camp, so the weekend before I left, I got all these "treat bags" ready:
At camp, I sewed together the blocks for the Buggy Barn pattern, If The Hat Fits:
Of course, that's one of the patterns in the book I was teaching from on Saturday, and all my students in that class elected to make this quilt. I'm looking forward to getting it quilted before too long! I've decided that I'm not going to add the wool noses--I like it better without them, I think.
Finally, the last project I've been working on is the Blackbird Designs pattern, Hallowe'en 1904. There's a TON of hand applique in this pattern, so it will take me some time and probably won't be done for THIS Halloween, but I really like the way it's turning out so far. There are 16 blocks in the quilt (set four by four), and I'm ALMOST done with half of them--the pumpkin in the bottom left corner needs the half square triangles sewn on and then I can say I'm half way there! (Even at only three blocks across, it's already too large for my design wall and the right hand edges of the blocks are curling forward.)
Back to work in the morning, so it's time for bed. Thanks for stopping in!