Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Too Much Stuff, Too Little Time!

ARGH! It's a little past 1 a.m. and I have to get up at 7 a.m. for work. These darn Olympics are completely interfering with my life--particularly my blog life.

Tonight's broadcast just concluded. I thought I might just walk away earlier and come visit with you, but HELLO?! The last couple hours were men's gymnastics, and I'm completely positive that none of you would expect me to walk away from a fine display of rippling male muscles. Would you? No, I thought not. Yes, I will admit I do feel slightly guilty about enjoying rippling male muscles when they're attached to males who are younger than my kids. Still, watching what they can do to stuff like bars, rings, and beams just completely amazes me.

Anyway, sorry I don't have more time to visit with you tonight, but maybe there will be a few less exciting competitions tomorrow night and we can chat a little more and catch up. Maybe it will be women's beach volleyball. Sure, I enjoy watching Kerry Walsh and Misty May-Treanor play volleyball as much as anyone else, but seeing them run all over the sand without the smallest display of jiggling body parts is kind of depressing.

Oh, by the way--hey Laura! Do you know where your husband is?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yah, where did you pick that picture from? Why not the men's gymnastics?

Hubby said that the President was a little embarassed to talk to the gals since they weren't dressed. LOL

How about the swimmers. Those divers were pretty scant also.

Nancy said...

HA HA..I taped it and went to bed. I am watching China on the rings right now. Aren't they something? Haven't seen USA yet, although I turned on the TV this morning to hear USA won a medal....now will watch. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach volleyball. Especially yesterdays game against Cuba. Those Cuban's just seemed to give up in themiddle of the second game.

SuBee said...

Rippling muscles....hhmmmmm....OH YEA! I remember now! ROFL - you're probably the only honest woman watching the Games --- and I agree, I feel like a dirty old lady, but hey - we support our country, right? Just like stimulating the economy!

Teresa said...

Notice he kept his hands out front where all could see.

Teresa said...

Notice he kept his hands out front where all could see.

Lorraine said...

.and the guys playing beach volleyballl wear baggy singlets and shorts what's going on there!? We had the discussion yesterday about the tiny bikini's the girls wear (beach volleyball "uniform")..and I am with you ..... there isn't even the hint of those bikini bottoms moving - they look like they are painted on....no little "overhanging bits".... and no jiggling....toally depressing!!! but the men's gymnastics was amazing....the pommel horse is the one i like to watch...ouch if that doesn't go to plan!! I wasnt going to watch any of the olympics....but have been and totally enjoying it!!

Chocolate Cat said...

I'm like you, it draws me in and the time slips away very quickly!! I love the gymnastics, both my kids used to compete, I am so in awe of what they can do in their routines.