Thursday, August 14, 2008

Quilt Dreams

Now that the Thimbleberries Lakeside quilt is nearly done (needing only a sleeve and to be hung where fat furry pests can't get in the way of a good photo), I've spent part of the evening--once I came home from our monthly Thimbleberries Club meeting--hanging out in the Sweat Shop, dreaming about the quilt possibilities on the horizon.

I really love the pink and brown quilt Elaine of my Jo's Little Women's Club made, and so I've been buying a few fat quarters here and there and gathering what I already have from my shelves. Here's a lovely large pile of what I've sorted:


If you recall, I mentioned a week or so ago that Elaine had made the pink and brown quilt from American Patchwork & Quilting using all 1800s repro fabrics and slightly smaller blocks than what the pattern called for. Unfortunately, I think I cleaned out my magazines and gave that issue away. Last night, I looked through the patterns I had saved and didn't find it, but I DID find this pattern--Civil War Dishes--and I'm thinking about using it for the pink and brown quilt instead. What do you think?


Then there's this yummy, summertime pile of Portugal fabric and the Schnibbles pattern just patiently waiting for me. Should I start this one while I'm still in a summertime mood?


Then there's the next block of the Christmas List quilt--Build a Snowman.


And tonight at Thimbleberries Club, Julia and I were talking a little about the Thimbleberries Hometown Christmas quilt--it's about time I got back to that one and made the last few blocks, don'tcha think?!

And the Bronwyn Hayes stitchery quilt. Don't forget that one! Lorraine and I were considering the possibility of working on it during the Olympics. Well, maybe that can wait a little while because I'll still need the next two magazines anyway.

A couple years ago, I bought this pattern in Salt Lake City and have collected some fabric for it. I'd sure like to make it in time for Halloween this year. Do you know that Halloween is only two and a half months away?


Oh! And that scrappy Thimbleberries star quilt I pinned that needs to be quilted. You remember that one? The one I said I'd do a little tutorial on? Yep, that's the one!

So which project do I work on next?! It's so hard to pick! I think I'll have to sleep on it--I'm trying to ignore the Olympics tonight because I'd really, REALLY like to get a little sleep! Then again, how can I think about sleep when there are all these quilt projects to work on?!! ARGH!

And before I forget--because with all these quilts swirling through my head and lack of sleep, it's a good possibility--someone asked me about the blueberry cobbler I made the other day. Here's a link to a post that contains another photo of the cobbler and a link to the recipe itself. I hope that's not too confusing! (Click HERE.)

And before I forget--I'm going to bed and hope to get a little more sleep tonight than I have lately. I'm glad you had a chance to stop by!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

That all got very confusing. Sure hope you went to bed and to sleep. Not reading for an hour. There's always tomorrow to decide what to start next.

Penni Domikis said...

I happen to have the magazine you are missing on my coffee table. If you decide to do the pink and brown first and would like to have the pattern I can send it you. I agree that lots of sleep is needed. I think that I am also on the 5th or 6th night of 1:00am bedtime. Curse the Olympics.

Anonymous said...

Hi I think I have that magazine if you would like it, I have sent you an email. Christy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy said...

Well, I don't have that magazine (well, I might, but I am not venturing into the sewing room quite yet) so anyway, I think you need to start on that Schnibbles pattern so you can give it away and maybe I CAN WIN!!! lol

Teresa said...

Since I started blogging, I have started so many projects to play along with others, that I have 5 different ones up on my design wall now, some from bloggers, and some of my own creation..but for as many hanging on the wall, I have others piled up on my table. Each evening is a pleasant choice though as to what I would like to work on next. Last night, I did some stitching on my Nice People Nice Things, more stitching on my Be Patient block in the Be Attitudes group and completed the trimming, pressing and initialing on my Friendship Quilt blocks for August. So the moral is - start them all, and then just work on the one you feel like working on, LOL.

Kristie said...

Well, aren't you just busy, busy, busy!!!! I don't know where you get your energy from. I may not comment everyday but I do read your blog everyday!!!!

I love your pink and browns!!! I am currently working on the Civil War Love Letter quilt, it has 121 blocks in it and I am doing them in Pink and Brown reproductions!! I really like the look of it! I am also working on the Civil War Diary quilt but I am doing it in all colors of the Civil War Reproductions. Stop over to my blog and look at my blocks!!!!
Kristie

Darlene said...

I haven't left a comment in a long time but I couldn't resist. I think you should start working on the Schnibbles with Portugal quilt immediately and then send it to me. LOL

Have ya missed me? ;-p

Anonymous said...

I'd like to vote for that all too funny Halloween Quilt! That is GREAT....thanks for the chuckle.

Beth said...

I am so bad, weren't we doing a Hometown Christmas Challenge? I do believe that was last year. I think I got as far as cutting out the first part. Maybe if I start now I will have it done by Christmas. What do you think?

Unknown said...

Decisions, decisions! Nothing like a night out with a quilt group to overload your quilting circuits.
I love the brown and pink but all of your pattern choices look wonderful. Maybe you should lay all of the patterns out and let Spike choose!

Unknown said...

PS: Cleo typed the above message, my google stuff was messed up!

quiltmom anna said...

HI Kim,
Ah so it is, that quilters have so many quilt ideas they don't know which one to do first- I have been trying to clean up some older UFOs that needed borders so that they are flimsies- the next thing will be that they need backs but in the meantime I made a list of some potential quilts - the list is long and time is getting short before summer vacation is over- I recognize your dilemma well.

I love the pink and brown combination- I made a bargello once that used those same colors - It worked very well together.

Happy quilting- I will look forward to seeing which way you decide- Halloween witch, civil war fabrics , portuguese fabrics - Which one to pick???
Regards,
Anna

quiltmom anna said...

HI Kim,
Ah so it is, that quilters have so many quilt ideas they don't know which one to do first- I have been trying to clean up some older UFOs that needed borders so that they are flimsies- the next thing will be that they need backs but in the meantime I made a list of some potential quilts - the list is long and time is getting short before summer vacation is over- I recognize your dilemma well.

I love the pink and brown combination- I made a bargello once that used those same colors - It worked very well together.

Happy quilting- I will look forward to seeing which way you decide- Halloween witch, civil war fabrics , portuguese fabrics - Which one to pick???
Regards,
Anna

Yvonne said...

Darlene has enough quilts....send it to meeeeeeeeeeeee.

I think that would be a great pattern for your pinks and browns.

Thimbleanna said...

It's the age old problem -- too many projects, too little time. Good luck choosing who's next!

Lorraine said...

the Halloween quilt for sure!! what a hoot...that witch is too cute!! hope you make up your mind and get started soon!!....I should go thru and prioritise my projects....LOL...that would take me about two weeks....!! I do have some great Christmas projects to start....your next Homespun will be in the post on Monday along with another version of TimTams....have a great weekend...yes ... because it is Friday here already.....hope you get some sewing done..I hope to make this Sunday a stitching day!!

Carol said...

Kim, that's a tough decision. On the one hand the pink and brown quilt would be a beautiful quilt to make. On the other hand you're right the Portugal quilt would be great for summer. But, I'm leaning towards that cute witch with the high heels. Whatever you pick the quilt will be awesome as always.

Mary A said...

Hi Kim,
I glad that you remembered the link. I making that cobbler tonight! See you in the Xmas List class! Mary

Carole said...

Darlene always wants what anyone is working on. Don't listen to her or Yvonne, sent it to me. So, just work on everything! ;o)