Friday, March 21, 2008

Hippity Hoppity!

You KNOW you guys are my favorites, right? So just for you, I went back to the quilt shop, Bear Paws and Hollyhocks, after work today to take photos of the cool/creepy rabbits I've mentioned. Here's the pair:


Lindy (the owner) had them sitting on a bench in the window, but she brought them in so I could get a closer look (and feel!) and a better photo--the sun was glaring on the glass window and I'm not sure the photos would have turned out very well otherwise. The gals from the Department of Justice were meeting in the classroom, so we brought the rabbits in there so we could all get a good look at them. And here's a closer shot of the girl rabbit:


They are obviously NOT your typical cuddly, plush bunnies, are they? And yes, they are made with real fur and suede/leather/skin. If I had some spare money sitting around, I'd sure be tempted to buy one or both of these--they're sooooooo unique! (And yes, as a matter of fact, I DO like weird stuff!) But you know--any spare money I had sitting around was taken by my burglars last week, so I'll just have to enjoy the photos.

So what do you think? Cool or creepy?

24 comments:

Vicky said...

Definitely creepy! LOL

Busy Little Quilter said...

To me they are a little creepy. lol

Cowguy said...

Their faces look a little like they're crossed up with an armadillo but with fur... mostly ate away by the mange and for some reason, and probably the coolest feature, they've got monkey hands.

Denise (Nour) said...

I personally prefer the Starbucks bear-bunny! LOL!

Very Mary said...

Wow. That's a tough one. They're so creepy that they're cool. No. No, wait. They're so creepy that I can't stop staring at them, but I don't know if that's cool or not...

Anonymous said...

eeeeaaaakkkk they are definitely creepy...except for the ears they don't look that rabbity, those little hands are...are...are...

Unknown said...

I'm with Cowguy, they definately aren't rabbit fur. Really weird, creepy. Spike would have fun with them.

PiecefulChaos said...

I vote creepy! Use any spare cash on fabric. LOL!

Wendy said...

Eeaaawww!!! Definately creepy! But I do love the cute bear bunny!

Karrin Hurd said...

I like them, but I like unusual.

Patti said...

I'm with you - very cool! And somewhat creepy. Definitely individual works of art (?) by an obviously talented doll maker. I'm very curious as to the price . . . high, I'm sure.

SuBee said...

WAY creepy-cool!!! Love me some weird stuff, and you can pull them out at Halloween too, and scare little kids! Yea, those hands...........

Julia said...

CREEEEEEEEPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

May Kristin said...

Oops, a little creepy I would say!
If you buy them, please have them checked for fleas and louse... LOL!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Those are freakin scary!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!! You asked!! I'm gonna have nightmares now.

Karen said...

Well I would have to say on the creepy side, but one of those things you just have to keep staring at. thanks for thinking of us and getting that photo.

Happy Easter - karen

julieQ said...

creepy! but interesting...hmmmmm!

Mama Spark said...

Cool! But the hands remind me of the flying monkey hands! That's a little creepy.
Hoppy Easter!!

Robin said...

Both creepy and SAD. I hope they didn't kill actual bunnies for the fur and skin. Definitely DON'T buy and support this kind of stuff, Kim!

Nan said...

They are VERY creepy!! Thanks for the nightmares!! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

LOL---Creepy, scary, icky, strange, but can't stop looking at them like a train-wreck creepy :o)

(Thanks for taking the pic...was really curious!)

DPUTiger said...

Both. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking absolutely creepy! They're....uhh gremlin bunnies!

Anonymous said...

Ever see the movie "Hope Floats"? The main characters Mom made stuffed cats she called "scaredy cats" and those rabbits look like something she would have put together if she gave buns a try. Yikes.........