Friday, November 30, 2007

Holiday Favorites


Okay, enough decorating already! I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a little holiday FUN!

First of all, I wanted to do a little holiday dance for all of you faithful readers. You'll need Flash Player to view this and I know there are a few of you (like my good friend Eileen) who may not have a system to support it, but I think basically if you're able to watch U-Tube type videos, you'll do fine with this link:


Second, what holiday season can go by without a little bowling? Have you ever played Elf Bowling? Truly it's a fun game to play at work because it's tons more fun than actually WORKING, but if your office or place of employment has a policy against goofing off on the office computers when you're supposed to be working, then perhaps you might try it at home instead. Here's a link:


NStorm has all sorts of Elf Bowling games--this link should take you to the first and original game. You can check out their website, though, for later incarnations. Seems to me I recall some kind of elf shuffleboard that was kind of fun too. They have several "Elf" games now, and I haven't played too many of them--something to look forward to during this holiday season!

Oh, and by the way, do you have someone difficult to shop for on your holiday gift list? Don't forget to check out the Elf Bowling "gear." Perhaps the Elf Bowling thong would make the perfect gift for your best friend. Or maybe you can pick up a T-Shirt for your husband that reads, "Want to See My North Pole?" Or maybe the mousepad with the elf that says, "When life hands you an orange, make screwdrivers" would make the perfect gift for your boss! As you can see, there's truly something for everyone in the NStorm gift shop!

And I DID say this post was all about holiday favorites, right? So here's a fruit cake recipe from my house to yours--enjoy!



Holiday Fruitcake Recipe

1 C Water
1 C Sugar
4 Large eggs
3 C dried fruit
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 C Brown sugar
Lemon juice
Nuts
1 FULL bottle of your favorite whiskey


Sample the whiskey to check for quality. Take out a large bowl. Check the whiskey again to be sure that it is of the highest quality. Pour 1 level cup and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer; beat 1 C of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 tsp. sugar and beat again. Make sure the whiskey is still OK. Cry another cup. Turn off the mixer. Break two geggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Mix on the burner. If the fried fruit gets stuck in the beaters, pry it loose with a screwdriver. Sample the whiskey to check for toxisisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt. Or something. Who cares? Check the whiskey. Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one tablespoon of sugar or something . . . whatever you can find. Grease the oven. Turn on the cake tin to 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Throw the bowl out of the window. Check the whiskey again. Go to bed. Who the hell likes fruit cake anyway???

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love the picture of your dogs!!! And the dancing elf link is hysterical. I already made one of my kids! Thanks for the great link!

Yvonne said...

You are such a goof....LOL Thank you so much for this morning's entertainment. I really enjoyed it with my coffee and it gave a bright start to my day....lol

Anonymous said...

Gosh another hidden talent dancing. I love the shimmy at the end. Great little video.

Linda Z

Unknown said...

You are something else. Wish I could have seen the dancing and all the other stuff but guess I'm just to old for all that stuff. Thanks anyway, hick - up

Unknown said...

What a hoot, time to go change my underwear. You really do need to put warnings on your posts....lol....

MARCIE said...

The Elf thing is a riot! I sent mine all over! My friend wrote and said I look terrific. I would wear the elf suit all year if I looked that good!

Sherry said...

OMG, too funny! Thanks for sharing your Elf dance, what a riot.....and that Fruit Cake recipe is hilarious. Thanks for the laughs today.

Rose Marie said...

The next time I make fruit cake .... no one will understand why I'm having a laughing fit!

Nan said...

Thank you for all the holiday cheer!! Very funny! I discovered the elf bowling many years ago - we play it every year.