Saturday, January 25, 2014

One Down, Twelve to Go . . .


I completed the first block of the Globetrotting BOM by Pat Sloan.  This is the central block of the quilt and it's a very large 26 inches!  I have a vague notion that I'd like to made this quilt using red, white, and blue . . . and maybe some golden colored fabrics.  But we'll see how it develops.  I'm going to keep this somewhat scrappy because I certainly have A LOT of these colors in my stash that I can use and it should still look fairly cohesive.  I think.  That's the difficulty--and fun--of making a mystery quilt, though.  You don't quite know where it's going until it's gotten there.  Kind of like globetrotting!

This central block represents Washington, DC, and each of the next 12 blocks will represent a famous city, so I anticipate London, Paris, Rome . . . maybe New York?  San Francisco?  Several more cities, anyway.  This should be fun.

Pat Sloan has a Facebook page where everyone has been posting their blocks, and the color combinations are terrific!  Click HERE and scroll around to see some of them.  Are you participating in this BOM?  Have you made your block yet?

6 comments:

Nancie Anne Quilts said...

Love That Block! Can't wait to see more!

Sandy said...

Looks great, Kim! Are you doing Scrappy Sunday tomorrow? I think I might actually have something for you this week!

Anna said...

The block is wonderful! Although I am not doing this one I am in loved in why to many others, lol!

Teatime Creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teatime Creations said...

Cute block. Like the colors used.

Sharon J. Hughson said...

I'm working on my block today. Yours is nice. I like the patriotic scheme.