Thursday, January 23, 2014

Never Enough Time . . .

Did I tell you I had started bowling?  Yes, I think I did!  So Wednesday night I bowled for the second time on this league we've joined, and I had a great time!  Everyone is very friendly, and one of the other nice perks?  The bowling alley has some good beer on tap.  Because beer and bowling just go together, right?  I don't usually drink much . . . like hardly at all . . . but sometimes a quality beer is a nice treat.

Back in the day when Hubby and I were about half the age we are now, we bowled in a league, and my average was usually somewhere between 135 and 145.  I've lost some of whatever I knew then, or perhaps it's because I was younger then, but now I'm holding pretty steady at right around 120.  In fact, my three game scores last night were 120, 121, and 120.  Consistent.  Even after a beer!


When I haven't been busy bowling and drinking beer, I've done a little scrappy sewing.  See?


I was struck by an idea a few weeks ago about something I wanted to do with a Schnibbles pattern and some scrappy green and white fabric.  So I've had a pile of green fabric scraps sitting out on a counter in the Sweat Shop ever since, and I finally started stitching up half square triangles the other day.  There's not much more to show just yet, but I hope to amaze and delight you soon.  Or it will turn out to be an utter and complete failure--only time will tell.

I was talking with a friend the other day about all of the projects I have in the works or that I want to make and have gathered fabric for, and I realize I'm probably crazy because there's just not enough time to get everything done that I want to do.  Ah, well, all we can do is try to enjoy the process and try to NOT stress when we aren't able to get more done.  I guess if I wanted a FAST hobby, I should have picked drag racing.

4 comments:

Nancie Anne Quilts said...

Let me know when you have your checkered flag stitched together...I'm pretty much in the same race with my SABLE...stash accumulation beyond life expectancy!

Carolyn Sullivan said...

LOL yes beer and bowling goes together. But when I bowled I was much worse than u! even w/o the beer...

Suzette said...

My Dad always told me that it would be very disappointing to reach the end of your "to do" list before you reach the end of your life. I have lived that philosophy in all things (but mostly quilting).

แอล said...

ค่ายสล็อตjoker
เป็นค่ายเกมสล็อตแตกง่าย
ที่สุดในยุคนี้ห้ามพลาดจนกว่าจะได้ลอง