Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Twister Jack is nearly done--I'll be spending Halloween night finishing up the binding while I'm answering the door to greet all the little ghosts and goblins.


Bonnie Hunter posted a photo of a Thanksgiving quilt I did a few years ago on her Facebook page, and I've been getting requests for the pattern for the letters.  Here's the photo--


There's a link for the quilt-making directions in my sidebar under Quilt Tutorials and it's called Homespun Thanksgiving Quilt.  (Yes, now that Halloween's here, it's time to move on to the next holiday, right?!)  The letters are a separate PDF file that I can email out, and I've received a number of requests for those.  I'm happy to send them--just click on my profile and grab my email address to send me a request.  But here's why I'm writing--I had at least one request from someone who was "no-reply" and didn't include an email address in her comment on my blog post.  If you requested the letters and didn't receive them from me, please email me directly.

I hope you and your family have a fun Halloween!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twister Jack looks great! I knew you would finish it and post today. Have a Happy Halloween and I hope we all get lots of kids coming tonight. Florence

Gloria said...

I love your Twister Jack!!

Gloria
gyates625@bellsouth.net

Tami C said...

Your Twister Jack looks really cute! I saw your Turkey & Gravy quilt that Bonnie posted the other day and really liked it! I'm looking for something to do for Thanksgiving & that would be great!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Happy Halloween! I love how your Twister Jack is much brighter and happier looking than the picture on the pattern. I will be making Jack next year. I have the pattern but seeing that Halloween is today, I think I ran out of time. :)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great twister jack! I want to make one using batiks.

Xoxo Grandma said...

So very talented! I love checking out your quilt projects. Thanks for the inspiration! Happy Halloween to you too.
http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

Vickie said...

I love the twister jack quilt and the Thanksgiving quilt. I would love a set of youe directions for the lettering. Thank you
victimlewis at Hotmail.com

Vickie Lewis

Carol said...

Happy Halloween Kim. I too love the Thanksgiving quilt. Jack quilt looks great too. I thought I could do binding while handing out candy and it didn't work out very well.

Kristy said...

So glad you got twister jack mostly done! He is very handsome. :-) Cute Thanksgiving quilt too. K-

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

I love it!!! I just bought the Santa pattern but it's kind of confusing..do you follow the pattern by putting your solid squares in the order of the pattern and it will turn out like it shows? I'm probably over complicating it LOL!
Mandy