Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Hope You're Not Tired of Hearts . . .

because I wanted to show you that you don't NEED a lacy, white, crocheted sweater to make a cute heart pillow.


You just need a thrift store and a little imagination! I found this sweater at Goodwill's recent 50% off day. Construction was the same as I demonstrated before (click on "heart pillow" above to go to the post where I showed the steps). I embellished it with a bit of leftover lace and an old brooch from my jewelry box.


They're multiplying! Speaking of which,


Ah, romance! Ain't love grand?! Valentine's Day will be here before you know it!

7 comments:

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Funny, very funny!

I like the heart pillows together. Who'da thought!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I SO need to shop more at my local thrift stores! Darling little pillow!

Tudy said...

I found a sweater the other day and hope to make it soon.

I love the new one you made too.

I love thrift stores.

shauna said...

Cute little pillow! I also love the star quilt that is on the bed. Would you possibly share the pattern name or what book it's from?
Thanks so much
shaunsnews@hotmail.com

Judy said...

LOLOLOLOLOL!!! Too funny. I must check out the sweaters next time i go in the store!!

Greenmare said...

I like it! I have a pretty blue sweater that I've been thinking of turning into a pilow since you posted the white heart one. I think I have a pillow form somewhere around here............

Nan said...

Is there nothing you can't do? You are my hero(ine)! Adorable pillow!
Love the cartoon, too.