should you choose to accept it, is--
1. Go to the thrift store and find a lacy looking sweater, preferrably one that buttons in the front. The one I found has a crocheted "lacy" layer over a regular knitted layer, but just an open crocheted or lacy knitted sweater or vest will do.
2. Take it home and wash and dry it.
3. Cut a piece of freezer paper in the shape of a heart, making sure not to make it larger than the sweater. If you don't have freezer paper, cut regular paper and use pins.
4. First you'll want to make an inner pillow to hold the stuffing. This will fit into the sweater. If your sweater is very lacy and see-through, you may want to use a pretty colored fabric that will show through; if not, muslin would be great. Iron the freezer paper (or pin regular paper) onto two layers of fabric, right sides together. Sew around the heart, leaving an opening. Turn heart right side out.
5. Stuff pillow with fiberfil or other pillow stuffing and sew opening closed.
6. Turn the sweater inside out so the "good" sides are together. Iron the heart pattern onto one side and pin around it to secure the layers together. Sew around the paper. If you have a sweater that buttons in the front, sew all the way around; if not, leave an opening so you can insert the stuffed pillow. Trim around the heart, leaving a 1/2" seam allowance.
7. Turn sweater right side out and insert inner pillow. Button closed. Jump up and down with excitement. Squeal with delight.
8. Cut some wool pieces so they kinda resemble flower petals. Layer a few flower petal pieces and sew around edges to hold all the layers together. Very cleverly sew lines in the petals to look somewhat like veins. Sew a button in the center to hold it all together. Add a couple wool leaves. Again, cleverly sew veins in the leaves. Pin the flower on from underneath so you can remove it later to wash the sweater part. Or change the decoration from a flower to something else. Or make some yo-yos, arrange them to resemble a bouquet and sew buttons in the centers. Use wool for stems or make little green bias tubes and tack them down. Tie a ribbon in a bow and sew it onto the stems so it appears to be tied around your yo-yo bouquet. Or use your imagination to think up some other fun embellishment!
9. Take photos. Post them on your blog. Leave me a comment so I can come over and admire your heart pillow!