Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Happy Holidays!

Boy, it's been a LONG time!  It's hard to imagine now how I found the time to blog nearly every day as I did a few years ago.  I guess priorities just change, although I don't feel like my everyday life has changed greatly.

These days, I'm on Facebook more although I don't post very much--if anything, I might comment now and then.  After the recent presidential election, I was pretty disgusted with all the Facebook posts that were coming into my feed, so I stopped following a few people and joined several wool and applique groups, so my feed is a happier place to be now.  For now, I've buried my head in the sand.

Hubby and I just got back from a trip to the Portland area to visit the Wild Child, her husband (as of this past July), and their child, Roman.  We went up there about a week after Thanksgiving and were there to help put up their Christmas tree.


At each step of the decorating, Roman would stand back and whisper "Wow!"  He's just a little over two years old now, so this will be an exciting Christmas for him.

Little Mia, Soccer Son's daughter, will be two in January.  She's a real cutie too, but then what grandmother doesn't think her grandkids are cute?


Soccer Son's pretty good with photography too!  Isn't that a great photo?

While I was up in the Portland area, I was able to attend Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe's Homespun and Holly event--a full day spent with five designers including Stacy West of Buttermilk Basin, Kathy Cardiff of the Cottage at Cardiff Farms, Sherri Falls of This and That Pattern Company, Brenda Riddle of Acorn Quilt and Gift, and Debbie Busby of Wooden Spool Designs.   All of the designers were great and they had some really cute projects for us to work on.

Now I'm on my way to Trader Joe's to get the ingredients to make my grandmother's applesauce cake--a Christmas tradition.  And that's why I decided to pop in and say "Hi" to all of my blog buddies--the easiest place to find my recipe is here.  See?  Some things just don't change.  I hope you and yours have a very merry holiday season!

17 comments:

Carol said...

Woo Hoo! Kim.......sooooo happy to hear from you again. I HAVE missed your postings so much. Was just thinking of you recently and wondered how you were and if you'd ever pick up the blog again. I have missed seeing your decorating ideas around the different holidays, along with....well, just everything! But I remembered you have grandchildren now and I know how that changes our perspective. So glad all is going well with you and hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Carol

Anonymous said...

Kim,

Glad to see you back. Couldn't believe it when I saw your blog posted on Cottons'nWool.

Shelia

kcenya1950 said...

So glad to hear you are out there still kicking and quilting. Have looked for you on Instagram to no avail but I was hoping. It is so easy to post photos there. I am not much of a facebook person so have missed you there. happy holidays. I think of you often when a quilting buddy "Megs" me and makes me buy something.

Kigwit said...

It's great to see your post! Enjoy those grandbabies!

Janet said...

Welcome back..you were missed 😊

Shelley said...

She lives! Lol miss you on here Kim!

Yvonne Landry said...

Hey Kimmy....awesome to hear from you. Your grand babies are very cute.

Mary said...

Great to hear from you again. Your granddaughter is adorable!
Merry Christmas!

Lisa Boyer said...

So great to see your post! I too, cleaned up my morning reading during the election--too much anger there! No more Facebook for me at all, and I added more positivity to my blog feed. Your grandchildren are adorable; thanks for sharing your joy. Merry Christmas, Kim!

Miss Jean said...

I'm so very glad you are back!!!!!

Miss Jean said...

By the way - where is the link to the recipe???

brandie said...

It has been awhile! Great to hear from you again, it's kind of like those Christmas letters from distant cousins.

Debi said...

Glad to see you back! I hope it will be more often as I always really looked forward to your posts. Merry Christmas!

Moneik said...

So glad to see you back!

dianne said...

i've missed you so...

Regina said...

Happy New Year!!!!!! I was a long time follower and stumbled across this post! Thanks for the family update, the grandkids are super cute. I wish you all the best in 2017.

Rosemary Sponseller said...

So Glad to read everything is peaches and cream :)
Have a great new year. Hope you post once in a while.
Thanks for sharing your grandkids with us, they are beautiful!
Rosemary S