Monday, March 10, 2014

Another Little Project . . .

One of my stitchery friends gave us the little kit yesterday, and today I made this 6-1/2" hanging.  It fits nicely in a small frame like the one below, but I'm thinking about using it as a mug mat in the Sweat Shop instead--it definitely belongs in my sewing area in one form or another!  This, by the way, is a Buttermilk Basin pattern from the BOM called Sew Simple.


I also added the hanging sleeve (a piece of pre-made bias tape) to the little hanging I made yesterday--another Buttermilk Basin pattern from a BOM called Live Simply.  (The April pattern for Sew Simple is similar with a chick sitting in a broken egg shell.)


Did you remember to "spring forward" this weekend?  Daylight savings time is here, and while I'd much rather stay up late sewing, I know Monday will arrive an hour earlier, so I'd better call it a day and head toward bed.

3 comments:

Donna said...

I love the small piece with the scissors. So cute!

Kathleen said...

I love your little chick!! Very Cute! Where did you find the stand for it?

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What adorable little quilts! My clocks sprang ahead, but my body forgot to jump! ;-) Have a happy day!