Sunday, December 29, 2013

Hey, Two Posts in Two Days!

I'm on a roll!

I told you yesterday that I wanted to work on my scrap basket project this weekend.  Perhaps you recall that the pattern is called Pie in the Sky and it's from one of Kim Diehl's books, Simple Graces.  Well, here it is so far:


The last time I posted a photo, it looked much the same, but only about half of the blocks and sashing rows were sewn together; now everything you see here is sewn together.  Good progress, but I want to add one more row and two more columns--my design wall just isn't large enough to hold all of the quilt components I need.  So I have a little more piecing to do on this one.  Unfortunately the weekend is over, so it's going to have to wait until I get a little more free time.  But I'll get back to it as soon as I can because I like this one a lot so far!

Thanks for stopping in for a visit.  I hope you had a lovely weekend too!

5 comments:

Cardygirl said...

This looks fabulous!

Raewyn said...

It's great to see this quilt top getting to this stage - it's going to be a real eye-catcher! I love your Comfort and Jo quilt too from your Christmas post. Happy New Year!!(I'm looking forward to more scrap basket sewing!)

KMSC said...

Pie in the Sky is on my "want to stitch" bucket list. Your quilt is gorgeous so far. I can't wait to see it finished.

Anonymous said...

I've missed you, so two posts in a day is GREAT! I, too, love your "Pie in the Sky". You go girl!!!!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

LOVE this! Scrappy sewing at it's best.