Sunday, November 10, 2013

Weekend Quilting

Here in the U.S., Monday is Veteran's Day, so many of us have a three-day weekend.  If you, like me, have Monday off work, are you trying to fit some sewing time into the weekend?  I hope to have a little time to get back to piecing my Pie in the Sky project (see prior post), but my primary focus today is to prepare a backing and sandwich/pin the Comfort and Joy quilt top I completed last spring.


I have chicken chili simmering away in the crockpot, so I can spend the rest of my Sunday working in the Sweat Shop.  I realized a few days ago that Christmas will be here before we know it, and I plan to start my decorating early this year.  How about you?  Have you started any Christmas projects yet?

Here's Mister Linky so those of you working on a scrappy project can sign up and show us what you've been working on.  Happy sewing!


4 comments:

Cathy said...

Have a good time on your day off. I'm a bit envious; no holiday at my place of work until Thanksgiving.

Kim Juilfs and Melissa Thomas said...

I'm envious of the day off too! Enjoy the day. I'm busy sewing quilts as Christmas gifts so I can't show them on my blog. When I'm not sitting at the machine, I'm hand stitching binding on.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Enjoy your day off. Lovely quilt.

Quiltsmiles said...

It's been a sad weekend. Our friends were killed in a car acident 10 days ago and their bodies finally came home from Florida. No sewing for me but I need to.

Lovely quilt for the holidays. Your fabric selection seems perfect in all the different areas. It's truly lovely. Jane