Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Different Scrappy Project

I thought I'd have time to work on cutting scrappy squares for the sashing of my Pie in the Sky quilt today, but my time was more limited than I expected, and I opted to finish the Schnibbles Canasta quilt instead.  I figured because it's also scrappy (since I used leftover fabric from the Merry, Merry Snowmen quilt), it would count for Scrap Basket Sunday.  Here's what the finished quilt top looks like--


Our office has been doing a few things over the past couple weeks to raise money for the American Cancer Society's Making Strides for Breast Cancer--we always have employees who participate in the annual walk, and this year the Sacramento event will be held on October 20th.  I thought I'd quilt this Schnibbles quilt and offer it to the people at the office in a silent auction to raise money for breast cancer.  I'm hoping a couple of the attorneys who have a little more spendable income will get interested--and competitive!  I'll let you know how it does and of course I'll show you the quilt when I get it quilted.

So, have you hugged your scraps lately?

6 comments:

JoAnne said...

I haven't played with many scraps lately. I just wanted to share with you that I made my Canasta from French General, too, but I reversed the color placement, using her rich red for background and the tan/greys for baskets. I hope your quilt pulls in the big bucks!

Miss Jean said...

Very pretty quilt! Kudos to you for donating it for such a worthy cause. As soon as I can tear myself away from the computer and I straighten up the house I'm working on a scrappy black and white Yellow Brick Road quilt for my grandsons.

Cathy said...

Very pretty. I like the subtle color change from the backgrounds to the sashing. Hopefully, the auction will be a big success!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love the colors in this... just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I haven't hugged my scraps lately and that is bothering me. I've been working on a couple charity quilts and haven't had time to 'play'. Hopefully I'll be able to play with the scraps later in the week.
Thanks for sharing.
cindy

Ramona said...

Your canasta looks great in reds. I only got as far as cutting out the basket pieces but didn't want to rush it for the parade. Can't wait to see the rest of them.