Thursday, June 27, 2013

Seven and Eight of Twelve . . .

Are you getting weary of seeing my quilted blocks?  If you are, I apologize.  There just isn't very much else to talk about unless you want to hear about my work, and that's what makes ME a little weary!  Okay, that's not really true.  I seriously enjoy my work, but all of the best stories can't be told because of confidentiality concerns, so you're stuck with my quilting instead.

I started the evening in December; this is the seventh block to be quilted.


Yes, December's sky is filled with swirling snow flurries and everyone is inside by the fire.  By the way, once the quilting is done, I'll be adding some buttons and embellishments to each block, so if parts look a little plain, like that wreath on the door, just know that they'll get dressed up a bit later on.


Next I completed March, the eighth block to be quilted.  With St. Patrick's Day shamrocks and a pot of gold, quilting a rainbow in the background was the obvious choice.  With tonight's two blocks, I've finished the center column and the right hand column; it won't be too many more evenings now until all 12 blocks are complete.

You may have noticed something kind of whiskery to the left of the March block.  Mr. Stitch has been patiently waiting for me to finish what I'm doing and prepare his evening meal.  In fact, he's followed me to my computer and is sitting next to me now.


Who can resist such a cute face?  I guess it's time to feed the cats.  See you back here tomorrow!

10 comments:

Donna said...

I am loving the seasonal quilting in the individual blocks. This quilt will be stunning! Now go feed the cats.

Lorna McMahon said...

Thanks for sharing all the close ups of each block. I love seeing the quilting and hearing about each design. It's a fabulous house quilt!

Lorna:)
http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

Xoxo Grandma said...

I'm inspired that you quilted each block differently. They look great.

Sally said...

What quilting are you doing on the houses? I love your background quilting. I haven't finished my houses yet.

Anonymous said...

I love your choice of quiling for all the blocks so far. Are you quilting on a regular sewing machine? or a long arm?

Miss Jean said...

Question: when quilting an applique block do you stop, tie off, and then start again on the other side when you come to the applique piece? Or do you just quilt around the object and then continue? Inquiring minds want to know!

Deb said...

They're adorable, don't mind seeing them at all!

Paula, the quilter said...

I really like seeing how you are quilting this. I have the Baltimore Christmas quilt top ready to quilt on my new HQ SS. Speaking of which, what machine do YOU use to quilt?

Dena said...

I love the whimsy of your quilting and your assistant is doing a great job!

e said...

I love that you are taking the time to make the quilting unique to each month. Your work is beautiful.

I don't know if this is a dumb question (?), but.... are you hand quilting or machine quilting? Either way it's beautiful.