Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy May Day!

May 1st!  Where have the first few months of the year gone?  It seems it's going by very quickly.  Reflecting on the passage of time, I thought I should take a look at my quilting goals for 2013 and see how I was doing.

There in my sidebar somewhere I talk about how I started a number of projects in 2012--mostly applique--and finished very few, so I wanted to focus in 2013 on getting some of those finished up.  What have I accomplished so far?

I pieced the Harrington and Hannah quilt top (but I still have to quilt it).


 I finished appliqueing the Comfort & Joy quilt top and pieced it all together (but I still have to quilt it).


I finished the applique details on the four house blocks I'd made and turned them into a small quilt top (but, yeah, I still have to quilt that too).


And I finally quilted something--the earlier Schnibbles quilt I'm calling Boy George (although the name of the pattern is just "George").


I have one more old project I finished up the other day but hadn't shown you yet.


I took an embroidery class a few years ago and the center piece of the above little hanging was, I believe, the first embroidery project we worked on:  "M is for May's flowers."  Just perfect for May, right?  That's what I've thought every time May has come around over the past couple of years and I've looked at that little piece of embroidery tacked onto the bulletin board next to my computer.  I'm so pleased I finally turned it into something "finished."

I have a couple other projects in the works that were begun before but hadn't been either completely pieced or completely quilted; I should have those done soon.  All in all, I guess I haven't done too badly with my goal so far, although I still have a lot more to do.

Happy May Day!

5 comments:

Betsy said...

Kim wow, great finishes!

Donna said...

Happy May Day! I wish I had your focus! All I've completed this year is a few small projects. I'm jealous!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Well done!
And the May embroidery pattern that we did looks wonderful.
Well done!

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

wow! beautiful work!!! love it! and I have that Christmas book and your colors are phenomenal :) ..TFS!
Mandy

Mollylivebearer said...

Kim, I use your freezer paper method for applique but with the tiny pieces, like the little hearts on your umbrella there......how do you do those so smooth and nice?!