Saturday, March 30, 2013

Getting Scrappy!

I know--you aren't used to seeing me on Saturdays anymore.  But since we're doing Scrap Basket Sunday, I thought I'd create a brief Saturday post each week for sign ups.

So far, it's been a crazy first experience for hosting something like this.  With the help of Crafty Carol, I think--I THINK--I may have come up with a blog button for Scrap Basket Sunday.  Please feel free to copy the button onto your blog--it's there in the sidebar.  And if it doesn't work?  Let me know and I'll start over.  One thing I DO know:  there's a very good reason why I don't mess around with writing computer code for a living.  Okay, make that TWO things:  I quilt better than I code.

I thought we'd try out a Mr. Linky link list that I'll post on Saturdays for sign ups and see how it works, because I know not all of you will have blocks to post every Sunday, and for those of you who want to see what others are doing, I don't want to waste your time hopping to blogs and looking for scrap blocks that aren't there.  So here it is--please add your blog if you'll be showing us your scrappy block goodness this week:

12 comments:

JoAnne said...

I'm in! I got the button to work fine. You and Carol make a great team!

dianne said...

whoa!!! just when i thought i wouldn't be missing anything by sleeping in on saturdays, here you are!!!

cuz, really, without some vitamin K, is there a reason to rise and shine?!?

Carol said...

Glad I could help you with your blog button. Now, I need to add it to my blog. I like Sinta's idea for us to find a quilt we like, she suggested the new book Scrap Basket Beauties, and make a block each week with you and the other Srap Basket Sunday girls. So, that's what I'm going to do.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I know I'll be posting one of these Saturdays but or now, I'm enjoying reading the other poster's blogs. Just learned about a new Square-in-a-square ruler I didn't know about! This is only one of the many reasons I love reading blogs: there's always something new to learn--thanks!

Sewfine Quilts said...

Scrappy Sunday - what a great idea! Although this week it will be Scrappy Monday for me since we are family over tomorrow to celebrate Easter.
Hope everyone has a great Easter!

Linda

Donna said...

I'm in. I love the adorable button Carol helped you design and it works wonderfully. I won't have any blocks to report this Sunday as I have Easter plans.

Anonymous said...

I have just gotten the book 101 Fabulous Small Quilts and my challenge is to make 99 of them. Two are not me but who knows. I am at 21 now and planning on starting 22. All are made from my fabric scraps. I have learned new techniques and been able to try new color combos without making huge quilts. Ana

Aunt Marti said...

Kim, thanks so much for hosting "Scrap Basket Sunday." You've motivated me to work from a very old scrap basket!

Raewyn said...

Hi Kim - thank you for this - I have just linked up! I am looking forward to sharing Sundays with you :-) Raewyn in NZ

Jeanneke said...

What a great idea, 'Scrap Basket Sunday'. I'd love to follow everyone's progress in their projects, but unfortunately I can't join in at this moment.
Hope this is okay with you.
Cheers,

Jeanneke.

Sinta Renee said...

I forgot to link up... and then I did it wrong. If you could delete #11 I would appreciate it. I am excited about SBS Kim. Thanks so much for hosting it. I am so happy that I got 12 little blocks done... it's a start.

Unknown said...

Better late than never, can't wait to get into my scrap basket.