Monday, February 11, 2013

The Difference

I mentioned that I had prepared more applique for the Comfort & Joy quilt, and I've finished appliqueing the "extra stuff" onto the top left corner--the part I showed you before.  Want to see the difference?  I do!

Here's the original:



And here's what it looks like now:



Better, right?  I think so!  I'm working on the bottom right corner now.  I hope to be able to show you that in a couple days.

By the way, "battyvik" left me a comment yesterday about the Silver Thimble Quilt Co. and one of the other patterns, Snowbound.  But you know what?  I had already visited it last night and ordered that very pattern along with a couple others.  I was just telling my friends yesterday that despite the fact that I had decided I'd be more selective about my quilting-related spending in 2013, it doesn't seem like I've cut back at all!  And on top of that, today I started to plan out what fabrics I'd use in Snowbound that would coordinate with Comfort & Joy and I placed two online fabric orders for backgrounds.  Sheesh!

Still, I guess it's cheaper than crack.  Maybe.


3 comments:

CathyK said...

I think quilting IS our crack!!! Yikes!!

Jenny said...

I love the "extended" applique border. It is definitely much better with more leaves and berries and vines!

Kigwit said...

I like the border you made-it fits the space better.

And at least you can't get arrested for quilting!