Sunday, February 17, 2013

Now I'M Feeling Lucky

Have you made any of my shamrock blocks yet?  I have, of course--and I've made more!  Remember the project I was working on when we last "talked"?  Here it is, all grown up!


Now it measures just a little over 12" square, so it's a good size for the Wild Child's wire table stand--just as soon as I add a hanging sleeve to the back.  I ended up cutting border fabric at 2" and then trimmed the whole thing down just a bit after I'd quilted it.

I also made myself a mug mat for my desk at work--Since this is the third one I've made this year, I'm beginning to see a trend; I just might keep this up all year!  For this one, I added some small half square triangle "scraps" left over from making the Thimbleberries block the other day.  And I just happened to have some leftover binding that matched the shamrock.


The real reason I feel lucky, though, isn't because I've been playing with shamrocks.  The reason I feel lucky is because I spent the day Saturday at my friend Imelda's house with four of my friends, sewing all day long, except when we took a break to go out for a late lunch of Chinese food.


Then I came home and sewed some more.  Besides the little wallhanging and mug mat, I've made eight shamrock coasters; four were given to my friends on Saturday afternoon.  AND I have the pieces cut to make several more shamrock blocks, so I'll probably play with shamrocks again tomorrow.

Only one more month until St. Patrick's Day!

3 comments:

Donna said...

I think I'm going to have to try a few shamrock mug rugs. Thanks for all the ideas and the tutorial.

Carol said...

I got out my Shamrock quilt that I made with your tutorial a few years ago and I'm in the process of hand quilting it. I like your idea of Shamrock coasters. After I'm done quilting my Shamrock quilt I'm going to make a Li'l Twister Shamrock.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wow! I love your shamrocks! I am going to try to fit some in this week. ;-) Have a happy day!