Friday, January 11, 2013

What Does it Mean?

Since I've been sick, I've had the oddest dreams!  Last night I dreamed I was at one of our office "events," participating in some kind of game in which we split into groups and had to complete various challenges.  The one I remember best, probably because my alarm went off just then, was four of us standing in the middle of an intersection, holding up traffic for two minutes while we simultaneously played Kazoos and juggled avocados.


Where in the heck did THAT dream come from?  Avocados and Kazoos?  When I got to the office, I told the woman who normally plans all the party events that I blamed her for my weird dreams.  I guess I wasn't really surprised when she got a speculative look in her eyes; I bet one of our future events will involve juggling avocados while playing a Kazoo--but hopefully not in the middle of a high-traffic intersection.


As I was driving home from the office tonight, I remembered my dream again.  And oddly enough, at that moment it struck me that standing in the middle of traffic, juggling avocados while playing a Kazoo was probably a pretty good metaphor for the reality of my work some days.

By the way, National Kazoo Day is January 28th.  You still have time to get ready.

3 comments:

pcflamingo said...

Kazoos and avocados....pretty random all righty. I used to play the kazoo at Camp Fire Camp but there were never any avocados involved. Your event planner probably does have evil intentions.

Rhonda said...

Hummmmm, Kim I'd be worried but sense you've been ill, I think that dream came on because you are coming off strong medication, maybe. Avocados and kazoos in the same dream.....priceless!!!
Take care.

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Well, I can see in the tea leaves that, "Sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't." LOL Keep us posted on what the event planner comes up with...