Monday, October 22, 2012

Merry, Merry 8

Well, I didn't spend QUITE as much time in the Sweat Shop as I'd planned today.  I think I must have been feeling a bit restless, because every time I'd sit and stitch for 20 minutes, I'd find something I NEEDED to do elsewhere in the house.

I had a set of four orange lanterns I'd been meaning to hang up somewhere for a couple weeks now.  I bought them a year or two ago, and if I remember correctly, they're from Martha Stewart.  However, I needed a couple more AAA batteries as I only had enough to light two of the lanterns; I finally bought the batteries this week.  So that was one thing I stopped stitching to do--I hung them in a corner of my bedroom.


Here's how they look lit up--although in this light, the rest of the room's kind of fuzzy!


Remember those tiny peppers I told you about yesterday?  Here they are:


Around mid-afternoon, I fixed Hubby and me a little appetizer "lunch"--we'd had a late breakfast but wanted something to tide us over until dinner.  Oh, and for some reason, I had an urge earlier in the day to make some spicy pecans so I ended up cooking the peppers and serving them along with a handful of pecans and slices of baquette rubbed with garlic and topped with mozarella, red onion slices, cherry tomatoes, and basil leaves.  Yum!


Cooking always takes longer than you expect, doesn't it?  I think I was side tracked from sewing for several hours just to cook breakfast, our snack/lunch, and dinner!  But I DID get the eighth Merry, Merry Snowmen block done, between doing whatever else the house called me to do.


That means there's just one block left to make--it's getting close now.

We're supposed to get our first big storm of the season tomorrow, and our temperatures have finally cooled down for fall.  That means I also had to pull my warmer winter jammies out of the box stored under the bed.  Someone asked in a comment if I was still walking, and I am, although I stopped for about a week when I had that stomach bug a week or two ago.  It might be a little chilly when I head out to walk tomorrow.  I don't know what time the rains are supposed to come, but I'll walk in the morning if it's not raining, so I'd better get to bed.  Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I am working on that very same Halloween quilt right now. It is so much fun to make. I love seeing in on your bed! With those orange lanterns your room is a complete Halloween festival!

Anna said...

The lanterns and holiday decor are fun...but I couldn't help noticing that you have the same issue I have with books...yikes!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You are just a creative cook. I would have made myself a PB&J and called lunch DONE. LOL!

Thelma said...

I'm so excited to see Hallowe'en 1904 on your bed, I'm working on that pattern right now! I sure hope mine is quilted and on my bed this time next year.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Angie said...

WOW I love your Halloween bedroom---think I'll come visit for the month of October. ;d