Sunday, July 1, 2012

Leap Year

The pattern that was selected for June for the Another Year of Schnibbles group was Leap Year. Carrie Nelson was nice enough to provide PDF copies of the pattern to those of us participating. It's really a fairly simple multi-patch pattern, and we were given a choice of making either 16-patch blocks or 36-patch blocks. Guess what I picked? 25-patch blocks. Yep, I'm just a rebel oddball!


[Note that Leap Year is sitting on top of another quilt; Leap Year ends where the black fabric border ends.]

I wanted to make mine with alternating black fabric squares and use the same fabric in the sashing and border, and I thought it would have looked asymetrical if I used an even number of rows and columns.

The black fabric I used was from my stash, and all of the colored squares were from my scrap bin--it's a nice pattern for using stray charms and other miscellaneous fabrics.

I have another border treatment I want to add, but that will have to wait until tomorrow, because it's bed time. I should be able to show you the finished quilt top tomorrow, I think. See you then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your version is terrific! I especially love your background black.

carol fun said...

I LOVE your version of this! I'll definitely be filing this idea to make one like it for me! Thanks for the inspiration. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.