Saturday, June 23, 2012

Almost Like . . .

Remember how it felt to walk out of school when the final bell rang on the last day of the school year? I kind of felt like that today.

Friday night; the start of the weekend. When I passed through the office doors at 7:30 p.m., it was still light out, of course, and the temperature was in the mid-70s. Beautiful.

Not only was it the beginning of the weekend, but it was the last day of working for two attorneys and putting in tons of overtime. How excellent is THAT?!

I enjoy both of the attorneys I've been working for, so it's a little bittersweet to be "losing" one--kind of like when you walked out of school on that last day of the school year and knew nothing would ever be quite the same again. But it's good too. There's a feeling of relief and freedom.

I came home and went to the Sweat Shop to unwind. Tonight I made four churn dash blocks for the Comfort & Joy quilt.


I also made a pizza for our dinner--some of the finest comfort food on the planet!

At 11 p.m., it's still a little early for bed for me, but a cool bath, some soft jammies, and a good book should cap off the day quite nicely. Summer days and summer evenings are here. Time to relax and enjoy them.

2 comments:

Anna said...

hummm, now if I understand you are down from 3 to 2 spouses..one DH and one attorney??? Sounds like more sewing time ahead! I love the churn dash blocks, they really pop!

Nancy H. said...

Wow, your description of your relaxing evening took me back to summer evenings when I was a little kid. Playing outside all day, then taking a bath and putting on my summer jammies, getting in bed with the windows open and a breeze coming in across my bed. Those were the days! Thanks for reminding me. Enjoy your weekend!