Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Weekend Begins

Saturday was a pretty good day--a nice start to the Memorial Day weekend. Our temperatures were in the high 70s--pretty perfect in my book!

I've been thinking for awhile now that I needed to sort out all of my bundles of wool, cut the wool into squares, and list some of it in my Etsy shop, so I started on the sorting and cutting today. I have WAAAAAAAAY more wool than I'll ever use, and storing it takes up a LOT of room! Today I got through about six bundles in shades of blue, teal, and purple; when I say "bundles," what I mean is all of the wool I've gotten from one of the wool blazers or skirts I've felted, so there's quite a lot! I know some of you like to work with wool, so I'll let you know when I've listed some of it, in case you're interested. I'll be listing several sizes of squares and I'll probably also sell bundles of assorted colors/shades.


Besides playing in the wool, I spent part of the day working on this month's Schnibbles pattern, Doc. I'm really enjoying making this one--it's a lot of fun seeing how each block comes together. If you haven't seen the pattern, it's made up of nine card trick blocks--I've always wanted to try that block.

I also did a little cooking. For our dinner, I stuffed and baked the gypsy peppers I mentioned a few days ago, and they turned out great! I stuffed them with fresh corn sliced off the cobb, sauteed onions and garlic, and a combination of cream cheese and feta. I found the recipe HERE, although I substituted the cream cheese and feta from another recipe. The feta I used was the cheese my daughter and I made at the cheese-making class last December. How cool is that?!


While I was cutting wool today, I was watching some of the food/cooking shows on TV, and one of the shows, The Perfect 3, was about pizza. I picked up a couple tips from that show and tried them out for dinner--I think this turned out to be the best pizza I've ever made, too. I preheated a cast iron flat griddle to cook the pizza on and used olive oil on the griddle; I also drizzled olive oil on top of the pizza and cooked it at a higher temperature than normal. The result was a crispier, tastier pizza.

I love weekends, and I particularly LOVE lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong weekends! I hope you're enjoying yours too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Save me a slice! :-)

Heather said...

I will be watching for that wool to arrive in you shop!

Delores said...

I'm so excited about your wool bundles - I've just started doing wool applique and LOVE it, but wool is very hard to find in our area (BC, Canada). Only option seems to be to order online.
I enjoy reading your blog every day.