Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Such a Tease!

Okay, how about this? Many of you liked the blue grunge fabric but several of you thought I should hold out for white. After mulling it over today, I came home from work and dug through my stash until I found a piece of WHITE grunge fabric--it has brushes of blue and green in it. I know it's hard to tell in the photo below, but those color variations look perfect with the colors in the MoMo fabric.


But I also LOVE that blue grunge, so I thought I'd use it for the border or possibly the "bars" in the pattern (there are three flying geese and a single "bar" border/sashing in each block). I think I'll make some geese with the MoMo fabric and the white and then see how I might work that blue in. Yum!

My idea for the Thimbleberries blocks setting is also coming together in my mind, and if it works out like I envision, I think I'll be quite happy with the quilt. Sometimes my mental quilt images don't translate very well to the actual fabric quilt, so I'll have to try this out and see how it goes, but I thought I'd give you a little glimpse in the meantime.


I probably won't get to work on it very much tomorrow night because I have a Thimbleberries Club meeting, but maybe I'll have something to show you the following night. I just hope the "something" I have to show is a successful idea for the sashing/setting and not a just a pile of broken threads and discarded fabric from "unsewing" everything I'm currently working on!

2 comments:

Judy in Michigan said...

I like the sashing idea and the grunge fabric looks like a winner.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Looks like you have a winning combo there! Love the T-berries too. Have a happy day!