Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


I've heard it said that a person should usher in the new year doing what they plan to do all year long. I followed that recommendation this year--I spent most of New Year's Eve on the next applique block for the Garden Club quilt.

In 2011, my quilting "goal" was to finish up 11 quilt projects that I'd begun or needed to made for one reason or another during the year, and I managed to reach my goal in the final days of December. For 2012, my quilting "goal" isn't as results driven. My plan is simply to spend time working on applique projects--which really is my favorite quilting technique. And although my emphasis will be on applique, I will also try to direct at least part of my focus on finishing up a few projects, like getting a few more quilt tops quilted. And I actually have a couple of quilt tops that are just waiting for applique to be added, so those projects will be high on my list. Finally, because I know I'll want to do SOME piecing, I'll continue to play along with the monthly Schnibbles group hosted by Sherri and Sinta.

So those are my plans for the 2012 quilting year. How about you? Do you have a quilting plan?

6 comments:

NONNIE said...

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ALL 8 OF MY QUILTS QUILTED . EXPENSIVE SO IT MAY TAKE ME ALL YEAR. OTHER THAN THAT NO MORE PLANS AND NO PRESSURE.
JUST ENJOY THE APPLIQUE PLEASURE AND SOME PEICING.

Josie McRazie said...

A splendid goal! I have been thinking about playing with the Schnibbles this year as well. I follow both of their blogs and have loved looking at what all of the talented quilters have done! I do not know anything about it however and am waiting to hear details!! Oh, what fun that would be!!

Wilma Lee said...

Happy New Year Kim.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Happy new Year!
I'm hoping to keep myself more organized this year. I have 3 row robins I am participating in to work on each month and a BOM, so whatever else I can sneak in will be like whipped cream! :-)

Chocolate Cat said...

My plan is simply to do some quilting this year!!! My mojo completely disappeared last year!

Jen said...

Kim - Is there a LQS in your area that stocks a lot of Schnibbles, or do you order them online somewhere? I can't seem to find them in the valley :(