. . . made into quilts!
In cleaning up the Sweat Shop the other day, I was reminded that I have a couple of quilt projects that are close--but not quite--done. I picked up and peered into one tote bag, completely forgetting what was in it, and I found it contained the completed blocks from the 2010 Thimbleberries BOM. The only part I hadn't pieced yet was a set of sawtooth borders and final borders.
The sawtooth borders were okay but I quickly decided they were waaaaaaaaay more work than I wanted to put into it, so I put the completed blocks up on the design wall, added some sashing that wasn't in the original pattern, and finished it up with a couple simple borders.
I'm not sure why the original design called for blue fabric "sky" in the fence blocks but nowhere else--that bugs me a little bit. There were three colorways the quilt could be made in, and the nighttime sky version had the same dark background throughout. I kind of wish I'd picked that one now. But this is okay--I'll do some simple quilting, I think, and it will be a nice spring throw quilt.
Most of all, I'm happy to have finished a project that was languishing in a tote bag. That's one more half-finished project I can put in the "done" (but still to be quilted!) pile. I wish I could say ALL the half-finished projects are done, but I still have a couple more that I need to give a little time and attention to. Another day, another quilt project. Happy quilting!