I've continued to work on getting the house decorated (and cleaned!) for Halloween but on this, the second day of my decorating labors, I found that more frequent breaks were necessary to rest my legs and back which, at this point, feel like they'll never be the same again. So what did I do during my breaks? I put the blocks together for the Halloween tabletopper I've been working on and added the borders too!
This pattern is a Schnibbles pattern called Lincoln; I've used many of the same fabrics that are in the bed quilt I showed yesterday, and this one will serve as a tabletopper on our dresser. Maybe tomorrow I can get it basted and quilted--or at least started. I'll still need to piece a back--it's a little too large for a single standard width of fabric.
Thanks for all the complimentary comments on the Hallowe'en 1904 quilt. Some of you said it was on your list of "someday" quilts--as it had been on mine. It's really great to finally get it done after working on it over the course of the past three late summer/early fall seasons. And, of course, it's just about time to go crawl underneath it for the night. I'm glad you stopped by!