Thursday, September 1, 2011

Internet Fame and Fun

The internet is a funny thing. Some time ago, I learned that if you do a Google search for "Kim Quilts Nude," you get my blog. (I tried it again just to make sure, and yes, the first several results are me.) No, if you're a newer reader, you haven't missed anything, really. I just used to identify that photo of me as a nude self portrait--the one where you just see the top of my head.

Around my birthday, a couple of my friends took me to Chevy's for lunch, and we took a photo of our margaritas and I posted it on my blog. (Click HERE if you want to see the photo I'm talking about.) Not long after that post, I did an image search on Yahoo for "Chevy's chips and salsa"--I wanted to find a photo to send to a friend along with the suggestion we go to Chevy's for lunch. One of the photos that came up was a pretty cool looking shot of three margaritas. It took a minute or two, but before long, I realised it was OUR photo! Yahoo had indexed it from my blog.

Of course, having had the "Kim Quilts Nude" experience under my belt, it didn't surprise me too much, but my friends were amazed--it kind of felt like we were famous!

So we did it again. I don't think the shot is quite as pretty this time, but the margaritas were just as good--especially on a hot summer day!


THIS time, we at least managed to get the chips and salsa into the picture. I'm going to call this one the Chevy's Margarita Girls. Or, better yet, Nude Chevy's Margarita Girls. I bet we'll be even MORE famous soon! I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of time before the Chevy's endorsement deals roll in.

2 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

That just makes me laugh!

Kris said...

It is funny, isn't it? Internet fame I mean. I once wanted to look at cloth dolls and googled that and low and behold the only cloth doll I have ever made came up. I told my daughter and she said that it had come up when she was looking too. (The joke with this is that she has made dozens of dolls, and blogged about them, but none of hers came up.) I often wonder how it all works!