Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fabric Amnesia

Do you ever order something online and forget you've ordered it by the time it arrives? I don't do it often, but every now and then, it's like my body double went shopping and didn't tell me.

Late last night, someone brought in the mail, and there was a squishy Priority Mail envelope for me from a quilt shop. Really, I didn't even SEE the envelope until this morning as I was getting ready for work, and for the life of me, I couldn't remember what it could be, and I didn't have time to open it before leaving for the office.

You probably aren't quite as anxious to find out as I was, but even so, I'll show you what I found when I came home from work and opened the package:

Luna Notte and Other Goodies

See that dark fabric underneath? Even as I was pulling it out of the package, I couldn't remember why I'd bought it. Isn't that funny? Finally, when I looked at the charm packs and saw the Luna Notte pack, I remembered.

For last month's Le Petite "club," Miss Rosie's human rewarded each of us who made the George Schnibbles with a layer cake. Except in typically generous Carrie Nelson fashion, we each received TWO layer cakes and a little pattern. Here's a photo of my "haul"--

Miss Rosie Goodies

See the Luna Notte layer cake? Well, I finally remembered that I'd decided to purchase a "neutral" fabric to go with the layer cake and make something; and because the charm packs were on sale, I bought one of those too--and a couple more to keep it company on the long journey from the fabric shop to my mailbox. After all, we all need travel companions.

I can hardly believe I totally forgot about ordering that fabric! After all, it's not like I could forgot what Carrie Nelson sent us. One of these days, I'd like to do something nice for her, but I'm not sure what. If I ever find Aladin's lamp, I'll send that genie off to visit her. Or if she ever needs a kidney, I'm the gal to ask.

By the way, her new book, Another Bite of Schnibbles, will be out soon. It's definitely on my Amazon wish list.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

I have done that before, definitely. If I have had a couple of glasses of pinot grigio and do a little internet shopping, chances are that I may be surprised when the package arrives a few days later.... I now have a little Post It on my computer screen: "Don't drink and shop".

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Oh, Oh, Loosing It! Welcome to the world the rest of us live in ... Carrie Nelson is very special and I can hardly wait to get her book in at the shop! What a nice way to end the "stomach" siege - new fabric and things.

quiltmom anna said...

I was really lucky last winter and won a prize from Carrie. She was so sweet and sent me a prize as well as patterns as well as a terrific cup that is my favorite cup to have tea in- It was just the nicest thing. I have a few of her books and patterns to try out yet.
I so can relate about what I have ordered- sometimes its because I have changed the order around before I finally send it off. The Luna Notte fabrics are lovely- I am sure you will create something wonderful with them.
Regards,
Anna

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oooh pretties! You shop the way I do~ always order a little 'company' with what is needed. LOL ;-)
Carrie is wonderful, I so agree! I got a surprise pkg and note too. I'm still in the dreaming stage, no idea what I'd order to go with them yet.
Have a good night!

Carrie said...

Well, gosh. What a crumb I am! You write these nice things about me ~ undeserved, to be sure ~ and it takes me days and days to get over to read it! (Is it too late to say "Aw shucks... thank you?")

If it makes you feel better, I order fabric and forget about it too. And sometimes I even order it twice! :)

Enjoy the cakes!

Sinta Renee said...

On the positive side: give yourself a treat... then forget about it... and it becomes a surprise! A win-win! Double the fun! Congrats on the nice little bundle of loot and thanks for being a very creative participant in Le Petite... and AYOS too!

Kim said...

I'm testing comments--please ignore!