Friday, July 1, 2011

Blogger Wasn't My Friend

Maybe you missed me yesterday? If so, you can blame it on Blogger.

Did you get a chance to read my Hubby's birthday post yet? When we concluded the celebrating, I was sleepy and didn't feel much like writing a post. But I did. I wrote it, I revised it, I revised it again a time or two and added more. Finally, satisfied and ready to wash the guacamole away in a Calgon bubble bath, I clicked the "publish post" button. And got an error message. And couldn't get back into my blog.

A bit of internet research later, and I learned that bloggers worldwide were getting the same error messages. I shut down, soaked the guacamole off, and went to bed. Dejected, deflated, depressed, and de-blogged, knowing that a couple of you might miss me come morning. Bummer.

I forgot to tell you something about the birthday festivities. While we were waiting for everyone to gather, Soccer Son's Lovely Wife to be Someday told me about a site that has many, many open letters on a bunch of subjects. Some are funny, some are mad, some are sad, but whatever they are, they make for some interesting reading. So next time Blogger decides to be difficult and you have nothing to read (or even before that if you'd like), read McSweeney's "Open Letters to People or Entities Who Are Unlikely to Respond."

This morning I tried to recreate the birthday post--because I found Blogger had only saved two paragraphs of a very early draft. If you haven't read it yet, it's there below. It's not as good as it was last night, but the moment has passed. The party's over.

But, of course, the next one's just about to begin--The Fourth of July holiday is almost here and the three day weekend is in sight. Woo-hoo!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim,
I saw your post from yesterday. Sorry blogger was being a bugger.

Marla said...

I saw your post yesterday morning also and got a chuckle out of the Cracker Jack snacks. Actually wish I had some. Yum.