Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Restful Weekend?

Well, not quite.

I don't know why exactly, but I had a really hard time sleeping Friday night. Maybe I was TOOOOOO tired? I think I was somewhat dehydrated--I don't think I made enough effort to keep hydrated during the work week, nor did I eat right, and I know I sat for periods that were too long. But whatever it was, I woke up every hour and a half to make a trip to the bathroom, and just about every time I woke, I was having an unpleasant dream.

I tried to take a nap this afternoon, but just as I was drifting off to sleep, Hubby came in to say he was going to run a couple errands and did I want anything? Yeah, SLEEP!!! And it's hard to get mad at someone when they think they're being thoughtful. Then the Wild Child took a shower, which seemed to involve a lot of banging and bouncing off walls, and the neighbors were working outside in their garden with their oldies music cranked up, so no nap.

Seriously, it turned out okay, though. Tonight we surprised my sister-in-law with a 50th birthday celebration, and we had a great time.

It's been really tough trying to keep it a secret and to make sure everything worked out okay because she kept trying to plan her own party! In the end, we were able to make sure both plans meshed--we had a buffet dinner that my brother-in-law planned, held in his favorite sports bar with cake after the dinner, and later in the evening, those who wanted to keep the party going went dancing at a local bar/pub/club. (Hubby and I elected to come home after the first part of the celebration, and I was able to sneak off to the Sweat Shop for a little quilting--something I hadn't gotten much of all week!)

The birthday party was fun, particularly because people attended who we hadn't seen in years, and almost all of the family was there. There were a few weird instances when strangers helped themselves to the buffet, but the bar was still open to the public at the time, and it was kind of like a wedding where no one knows exactly who everyone is. In fact, the only reason I know that some of the people helping themselves to food were strangers was because I'd overhear things. Like one man, who had just filled his plate with food, turned to see my brother-in-law--the one who planned the event--and asked him what he was doing there! But we had plenty of food, so it was all fine.

I had taken a few photos of friends, and I THOUGHT I was turning the camera off but instead I must have pushed the wrong button, because suddenly the flash went off and I captured a photo of the Wild Child--

I have no idea what she was looking at, but I thought it was a pretty good photo. (After the dinner, she headed up to Chico to spend the rest of the weekend with Manager Man.)

I think I'll take a Tylenol PM tonight and try to get a more restful sleep. We have another social outing planned for tomorrow, and I don't want to be a grouch.

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! I'm glad you could stop in for a visit.


Kris said...

Sounds like fun, except for the wanting to but not getting to nap bit. My weekend has been uneventful, but enjoyable.

Orcsmom said...

Ok, this is so weird, we went to our good friend's house Saturday night for their daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday and her cake was decorated almsost exactly like your SIL's, except was round, and her name is Katie! Too weird! Get some much needed rest!!