Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Time Flies When You're Having Fun . . .

or getting ready for Christmas!

It was a busy day of work, followed by our stitchery class's Christmas potluck/ornament exchange, and capped off with a shopping trip to WalMart. Then home to put things away, catch up with Hubby on the home happenings, and do whatever else needed to be taken care of--and SUDDENLY it's after midnight and I need to get to bed so I can get up and do it all over again tomorrow.

A couple of you asked about the quilt in yesterday's post. It's the Butter Churn pattern by This & That; similar in idea to Schnibbles in that the pattern uses charm packs and is tabletopper size when completed. I used Basic Grey's Figgy Pudding line (I had a fat eighth bundle, so my fabrics are a little less scrappy). Here's a photo of the whole thing, quilted:


I finished the binding tonight, which is a good thing because it's a gift I need to send off tomorrow. And tomorrow's going to be another busy day, so I'll say goodnight and wander off to don my winter 'kerchief and get into bed now. I'm glad you could stop by for a quick visit!

10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I just love this little pattern. I've seen it made up in so many different ways over blog land. So cute!

debbie m said...

Lovely little quilt! Very busy Girl!

paulette said...

I love this little quilt- stunning! Yes, another one to add to my list...yup I'm going to have to live to be 200 to get everything made!! :o)
take care!
Paulette

Nicole said...

That is the prettiest quilt I have seen made from Figgy Pudding. I just love what you have done with it. And what a great pattern!

Misty said...

This is such a great combination of fabrics and pattern! I love the stripey border. Congrats on your finish!

Jean Burke said...

Wow - you are kicking it! This little quilt is terrific - love the colors, particularly the stripe. Keep up the good work.....piece.

Carol said...

That is so nice of you to give your quilt away. I know whoever the lucky person is, they will love it.

Sinta Renee said...

What a wonderful gift Kim! I just love your version... but now I guess you won't trade me, because you are giving it away! dang it.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

It's a beauty and a great gift!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Fa - la