Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Know I'd Be Excited If I Just Had The Energy

I'm seeing a real pattern developing on Friday nights--I'm just too pooped to do much of anything when I get home from work. I've been enjoying my new assignment at my office, although it's busy and challenging--or maybe I've been enjoying it BECAUSE it's busy and challenging. But no matter--by Friday night, I'm tired. And then there's that staying up too late thing--yes, I tried not to do that when I went back to work, but it seems inevitable, and I find I'm up later and later as the week progresses. Maybe I just need to plan an early night reading and relaxing in bed each Friday (although that might be hard next week because I'll be teaching Friday night AND Saturday day!).

Still, the weekend's here and I'm kind of excited because I plan to do a large chunk of my fall/Halloween decorating this weekend. The weather's cooled down a little, and while I know it's just teasing me and will get hot again, the cooler temps have inspired me. How about you? Have you started to think about Halloween yet?

I want to thank all of you who thought up wonderful names for this gal--


Your creativity always amazes me! I have to say that Cackling Rosie stood out, though, and I know from your comments that several of you agreed. Dianne can always be counted on for her clever imagination. Dianne, email me and I'll get some kind of little thank you gift in the mail to you next week.

I also want to thank you for the compliments on the Halloween "totem." I wish I could take credit for the design but the instructions were in the magazine I showed you. It's really fairly easy to cover styrofoam balls with the papier mache medium and decorate them. In fact, it's so easy that when I came across a styrofoam "head"/hat form at Goodwill today, I thought I'd buy it and see what I can do with a little papier mache. Stay tuned to see what I come up with--I have a couple ideas.

I would never WISH to have carpal tunnel problems, be off work for several months, and then have surgery, but if I could have done something about SCHEDULING the darn thing for the "right" time of the year, it would have been NOW. If I had my "druthers," just about now I would have been about two or three weeks into it, when the worst of the pain had passed and I was just going through the steps to get to the point where they decided surgery was the answer. Then I could have played with Halloween and fall stuff to my heart's content, followed closely by playing with Christmas and winter stuff. And then a return to work around January or February. Yep, that's what I would have done. Of course, that wasn't how it worked out because things like that don't happen to suit our own ideal schedules, do they? So I guess I'd better get to bed now so I can get up in the morning and get started--after all, it's back to work on Monday. But in the meantime, we have the weekend to play!

1 comment:

Micki said...

I hope that you are feeling better soon! The pic is amazing! That is a work of art.
Micki