Monday, August 9, 2010

A Lotta Nada

I had a really busy Sunday, and I was looking forward to kicking back and watching some TV and sewing but I find there's absolutely NOTHING on TV that I'm even remotely interested in watching. This is really odd for me because I can usually find SOMETHING--I have fairly eclectic tastes. I guess it's just the dog days of the television rerun season. I'll be happy when the new season begins.

Today was the monthly local antique faire and Hubby and I hadn't been for several months. On top of that, our weather was really nice--cooler than normal with highs in the mid-80's. So we decided to set our chores aside for the morning and get out for a little bit.

We made it through about half of the "faire" before we got hot and tired. I found this vintage tablecloth . . .


. . . and this vintage embroidered tea tablecloth . . .


The printed tablecloth is pretty, although as you can see, parts of the blue print are faded. A few yellow spots washed out well though. And the embroidered cloth--I love all those French knots. Would it be considered candlewicking even though it's not white on white, or is there some other name for it? There are a couple of small spots on the cloth, and I haven't tried to get them out yet, but really both purchases are in pretty good condition.

After the "faire," Hubby and I drove down to the river and passed that little burger place Gran and I ate at in early July. I was hoping to stop because it would have been a nice day to sit and eat by the river, but we found that it's closed on Sundays, so we just took a little drive instead and then headed home.

The rest of the afternoon was spent organizing things to be put in the storage unit and clearing out the Wild Child's room. I didn't get all my work in there done, but I've made a pretty good dent in it; the rest can be done over the next few evenings. And about the time my hand started aching, it was time to stop for dinner anyway.

I had planned to barbecue some salmon filets but opted instead to send Hubby for fast food--the filets will be just as nice tomorrow night, I'm certain!

Since my evening television plans have come to naught, I think I'll take a nice cool bath and go to bed and read--not a bad way, after all, to finish the weekend before what promises to be an extremely busy work week.

3 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

sounds like a great way to end a busy weekend.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Hey - Hugs!
FYI I am watching Top Gun for the umpteenth time and trying to catch up with email and your blog. Hope you had a good day!