Saturday, August 14, 2010

Friday Fatigue

It's Friday night and I'm whipped! My hand/wrist held up better this week than last, so I know I'm making progress, but after the week's work, I'm tired. Today my friend Teri and I switched desks, and getting everything cleared out and cleaned up was a fair amount of work. On Monday morning, I'll still need to get my own things unpacked, but at least I'll be fresh then--hopefully!

At the office, we had a meeting in the mid-afternoon to get our shirts and instructions for the mystery event, and it's still not completely clear what we're going to be doing. The shirts this year are green drab safari shirts with this logo on the sleeves:


"SZ&D" refers to the name of the firm but the rest of it--well, I have at least one guess. We're all to meet at 4:30 p.m. at a local park's "overflow parking lot." I believe that lot is across the street from the Sacramento Zoo. See those animals on the decal? Yep, I'm thinking zoo. I don't know what the jigsaw puzzle piece represents though. I guess it will all be revealed in time. We've been told to wear comfortable, casual clothing including tennis shoes, but we're to bring our "dancing shoes" too, so I suspect dinner and dancing to a band may well be involved. I'll have to let you know exactly what it turns out to be after the event. I hope I remember to bring my camera!

Can you believe I'm too tired tonight to want to sew? I just came home and melted into the couch, where I sat in front of the TV for the past two hours, and now it's time to move along to the bedroom and melt into the bed. I'm bringing my book with me, but I suspect this is one night when I won't read very much before my eyes start to close against my will.

Remember when Friday night meant the parties could begin? I MUST be getting old!

7 comments:

Robin said...

Yeah, how did we used to do that - partying, I mean? For that matter, how did we used to work full-time and then run around to all our kids' activities all night??

Kelly Ann said...

Survivor style zoo visit with a big band and dinner at the zoo with the animals..

Denise in PA said...

I hope it's the zoo! That would be so fun. My firm rented out the Phila Zoo twice for us - with dinner and a band. It was just too cool! I agree about the Friday night thing - we never want to go anywhere on Friday nights, except the couch - LOL! Wonder what we'll do when we're old o:)

Suzanne Kistler said...

Maybe the puzzle piece means it's a murder mystery and you're going to solve a whodunit!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

You made it through another week, eh!? Good On Ya!

julieQ said...

Oh, rest up this weekend, dear Kim...your adventure coming up sounds like such fun!!

Kris said...

Yep! Getting so old and tired here too!