Saturday, July 31, 2010

Friday Finishes

I've had what appears to be an awfully productive day today, although I'll confess--if you didn't already know--that each of these projects was nearing completion anyway. I'm just happy to have them done in my effort to "clear the decks" for wool month!

First, I've finished this embroidery:


I debated with myself whether it actually WAS finished because I want to make it into a quilted wallhanging or a pillow; in the end, though, I figured the EMBROIDERY was finished so that counts. In any event, I need to set it aside for now, although I hope to get back to it again before Christmas. Gran and my fellow embroidery students will be astonished when I bring it to show and tell in August because I really NEVER finish an embroidery project--probably because I rarely START one either!

I finished up the apron today too--


At the end of last night's class, I still had to sew on the pocket and make the flower; then I decided to replace all the buttons with red ones. Gosh, I wish I was as thin as that apron looks hanging on the door! Maybe it's the vertical stripes.

Finally, this is a project I've been carrying around with me for a very long time--a wool case for my reading glasses. Ever since I lost the first one I'd made about a year ago, I've worked on this on off and on. Here's the front--


And the back--


It really didn't take that many hours to make; it's just that I never devoted any real time and attention to it. At least it's done now and ready to use.

I have several more projects I'd like to finish tomorrow--I'll let you know how I do on those. The weekend's here--I wish you a wonderful one!

10 comments:

Jane said...

You make me feel like such a sloth. The embroidery looks really nice. Is it from a commercial pattern?

Suburban Stitcher said...

I would say that finishing the embroidery DEFINITELY counts as a finish! It's lovely.

Maria McCabe said...

All so pretty! I LOVE the apron - that was from a class right? Is there a pattern or tutorial available from the person who taught the class?

Phyllis in Minnesota said...

Beautiful embroidery! I'de love a copy of this pattern and I'm wondering if you can give me a place where it's available.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, Phyllis

Micki said...

I love all of your projects, esp. th embroidery!
Micki

Mad about Craft said...

I love the glasses case and it has given me an idea for some to sell at our Christmas fair at work in December

Joyce said...

Love the apron shirt! Hope to be able to get the pattern from your quilt store soon.

Jocelyn said...

I LOVE the embroidery!

sunny said...

Love the apron! I'll be watching to see if you post a pattern site or tutorial.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Cute cute apron!