Wednesday, August 26, 2009

One Ringy-Dingy . . .

Fall's calling. And until I finish these August projects, I can't answer, darn it! I know what it's calling about, though. Want to see?

I think I mentioned awhile back that as I was cleaning out my patterns and books, I'd pulled out a couple patterns and books I wanted to think about for fall projects.


These three patterns are all great! I sure doubt I'll get time to make all of them this year, and I don't even know which I'd pick to make first, but I have them out where I can see them, and dream . . . .


Same with this book by Disa Designs. I love just about all the projects in this book, but I particularly like the one with the stacked cat, pumpkin, and ghost. Or the wallhanging with the crows, pumpkin, and ghost. Or . . . or . . . or--well, I like it all! And I bet I could actually DO these fairly quickly using wool and the same method I tell you to use with my Little Adventures patterns. Yep, I bet THAT would work!


Then there's the Buggy Barn cats. It was hard to decide between the cats and the witches, but I knew more of my students would be making the witches, so that's what I picked. I think I might take the witches with me to quilt camp and finish them there. But I'll be teaching the class again, right after I come back from camp, and I'll do the cats for that one. I already have the fat quarters picked out and bundled together with a pretty ribbon, all ready to go. THAT was something I did when I cleaned out my fabrics!


And these fabrics? One of the ladies in my Jo's Club and Clues in the Calico class is making a sampler-type quilt using these colors/fabrics and it's really wonderful! The focus fabric on the right is Winterthur Museum-Winterthur Toile by Andover and the print comes in two sizes--this is the larger pattern of the two. I'd love a really elegant autumn quilt made from these fabrics, although I'll need to collect a bit more--some nice greens, a little black, maybe a little more red too.

Oh! I forgot about call waiting--turns out Winter's calling too!


I'm doing a reasonably good job not answering Winter's call so far, but I thought two little charm packs and a little bit of yardage couldn't really do any damage, could they?

What projects are calling you?

20 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

love the cat quilt! and the figgy pudding!

QuiltSue said...

The cats quilt is great, and the Halloween hanging with the ghost etc really made me smile. I'm going to try and track that pattern down.

Quiltdolls said...

all of hem. I woke up with a cold this a.m. So I was just stitching on 1 of joann's stitcheries. She is still my favorite. But lately I have been making it a point to start project before class. well at least prep it. I made a buggy arn & screwed it up. I did the flowers & birdhouses & strtchthe birdhouses because I forgot they were bias & the teach said strtch to make fit.
But I fixed it & had it in the country loft show this past weekend.
Kim from san diego

Searchfamilies said...

I like all the projects but as we don't celebrate Halloween really in the UK i would say that i most looking forward to seeing the Figgy Pudding one.
As for what projects calling me, well i have several projects i need to do for the gift stash, such as bags, pot holders, placemats & table runners, but i keep wanting to do a quilt for me i haven't as yet made up my mind as to what pattern, fabric only think i do know is i am very tempted to back with flannel but i am still thinking, & thinking & thinking get the idea lol
Hugs Janice

Betsy said...

All the ones on your blog are calling me. I love fall and I had not seen the ones you have shown us yet. I love that leaf runner pattern. Can you share the name.?
Also, that new Christmas fabric collection is so unique and different. I guess it helps to see the latest when you work at a quilt shop. I need to switch jobs Kims.

luv2quilt2 said...

I absolutely love the colors of fall, and look forward to putting my autumn thingies out each year. No new fall projects yet, so far, but I'm looking.

Jane said...

Oh, too, too many projects are calling but I can't get to them cause I'm reading blogs in my jammies!

dianne said...

i have had my fingers in my ears, shouting "i can't HEAR you!" to the Moda's figgy pudding winter fabric ... it's getting kinda lonely inside my head, though

Jocelyn said...

Love your fall fabric. Such rich colors. I do have projects waiting, but for now I am waiting for my foot to heal, so I can drive the car and the sewing machine :-S

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Figgy Pudding. I need me some of that! I just love it! I want/need to get working on some Christmas gifts!

MichelleB said...

How does Fall and Winter sneak up like they do? Every year. You'd think after over 40 years of it sneaking I'd be looking for it around the corner. *sigh* I just never learn.

Anonymous said...

Your asking what is calling me? Way too many to list and each and every day the list just keeps getting longer and longer. I always say, "I don't have enough lifetime for the quilts I want to make!" I can only do my best.

Anonymous said...

Ahh.. I have that Whimsicals wool cat pattern too :o) Fall is calling me so much, it is hard to concentrate on work! Would much rather be finishing up my goals for August instead of slaving away at the computer....

Sinta Renee said...

Thanks for reminding me to get my Late Bloomer Pumpkin Seed WIP back out! Maybe I can get that finished? I want to play with those Figgy Pudding fabrics too Kim!

Deelee said...

I really like the figgy pudding fabric. Fall colors are definitely calling me too.

Jan said...

Too many to count and new one's continue to pop into my "quilting brain." Love what's calling your name :)

Quilting Kim said...

What is it about this time of year that has us so looking forward to fall? I love everything about summer, but can't wait to start pulling out the fall decorations and fabrics. I'm also lining up the must-do's for Fall.

Oh, I love that Winterthur Museum fabric. What's ironic is that I'm hearing about it from you (on the West Coast) and I only live about 5 miles from Winterthur Museum.

quiltmom anna said...

The fall fabrics are fantastic, the cat quilt is one of my favorite buggy barn patterns and I don't want to think about winter- though I did go and buy my winter boots last Saturday when it was about 90 degrees F outside- A girl has to buy them when she finds them-especially if you have large feet and tree trunk calves...LOL

I did finally post photos of my current projects on my blog- I am off to spray baste my quilts tomorrow and have work to do at school on Friday.
The school year promises to be busy so I probably should have worked harder to finish more this summer.

Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement- It has been a fun challenge.

Regards,
Anna

Unknown said...

All fabrics are awesome...
I really like the figgy pudding fabric....

--
Michell
You cannot go wrong on the best security systems

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

I am with Dianne - I have my fingers in my ears - and even with August coming to an end I am thinking positive and have a new resolve - to get the UFO's done.